ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring after changing spark plugs

172 Cup
I changed my spark plugs today however car is now misfiring.

I just want to check the orders of HT leads etc.

Is it on the coilpack the order of:

3 4
2 1

And then what is the order when placing the HT leads into the actual spark plug.

Purely because the actual number on the white tag is a different number to the one on the end of the HT lead.

I am under the impress the number of the white tag on the HT Lead should correspond to the spark plug below, is this correct?

24mazco.jpg

Any help appreciated!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Surely the numbers on the coil pack should correspond to the spark plugs, rather than just the white tags on the leads?

172 Cup
Checked all the plugs and they are sparking fine.

Its just weird that the little number on the tag of the lead - corresponds to the coilpack number.

However the number on the actual HT lead that goes into the spark plug has a seperate number.

Causing some confusion!!

clio 182
If you had a lead the wrong way, it would be missing on 2 cylinders. have you checked the spark plug gaps?

Volvo S60 T5
number the lead needs to goto is on the coil pack, and you have the number 1 cylinder in the correct place as well.
Forget the tags on the leads, if you have the leads in the wrong order they wont sit correctly, go by the number on the coil pack.
Oh and did you check the plug gaps as well.

172 Cup
Solved the problem!

The sensor on the left of the inlet (grey one) had a pin bent..

Typical