ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

misfiring,shaking engine ph2 172

iceberg silver 172
need to pick everyone's brains,
fitted a new coil pack 2day as mine old one had cracked/split all round!

started car found still running rough (misfiring) rev the car and sounds like a lawn moer!!! changed plugs - not made any difference :mad::mad::mad:

connected obd reader, checked fault memory = cylinder misfire not spesific

any ideas please help

421 Cammed 172
Generally they all run quite lumpy due to the cams and output of the engine.

Did you change the HT leads along with the Coil pack & Plugs??

iceberg silver 172
no i havent changed the HT leads yet i was thinking that culd be the problem, i tried to check the continiuty threw them with multi meter but couldnt get reading! then was told you cant do it anyway.

421 Cammed 172
Tried checking the plugs are sparking?

Most probably HT leads if it's running more lumpy than the normal amount.

iceberg silver 172
no ill try that 2moro got dark & i got hungry lol!
its defferently running more lumpy than usual like 3 cylinders! the more revs more tappy it gets if you no wot i mean!

could it be a crankcase sensor???

iceberg silver 172
no i didnt but there marked 1-4 left to right and the shortest one wont reach any where else bar the left one

Golf GTD Mk7
no the leads run 1-4 from left to right mate. You will be able to tell as the length of the wires aren't long enough to go the wrong way.

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, I labeled mine when I removed them and left to right was how I did it. Go off the cable length then mate.

iceberg silver 172
just rechecked HT leads the dots go 1-4 left - right the leads order goes from g/box end right - left 1-4 if you no wot imean its hard to explain!:S

the fault code is p0314 if tht helps anyone

C180 kommpressor!
Have you tried checking for splits in vacuume hoses, this just happened to my girlfriends merc and a new hose later and it runs as it should.
good luck!

Clio 172
i had a hole in one of my vac pipes replaced and still runs like s**t. As if its missing, spitting from the exhaust and jiggles the car to fook!

Golf GTD Mk7
just rechecked HT leads the dots go 1-4 left - right the leads order goes from g/box end right - left 1-4 if you no wot imean its hard to explain!:S

the fault code is p0314 if tht helps anyone

Yeah that makes sense. I presume you didn't remove any of the vac hoses when you did the leads? or did you completely remove the plenum? Did you change the gaskets if so?

Also, is the coil pack you got new? might also be faulty?

iceberg silver 172
i didnt remove ay vacuum hoses, just removed inlet manifold to one side, didnt change gasket as metal & seemed ok

the coil pack is brand new fron renualt dealer.

put it back together 2day found it running lumpy till it got warm thn seemed to carm down connected obd reader found unable to turn MIL light off as due to fault still on the fault = SINGLE CYLINDER MISFIRE im more inclind to say faulty HTleads????:mad:

Golf GTD Mk7
could be faulty new ones yeah. probably should get some new gaskets really, but it wouldn't cause the probs you're having.

Monaco Blue Clio 172
mines doing the same thing with i think the same fault code. I ve found that injector No 4 is not firing so got a nice job this weekend tracing that......

iceberg silver 172
CAR IS NOW FIXED fitted new ht leads 2day yyeeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks for everyone's help and advice :D:D