ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missing Pad :/

PB172
Okay so I recently had my rear bearing done which means the garage would of had to remove the disk and pads from the back hub right?

Well I drove it away and it was fine for a day, didnt drive it the next day then last night I went out for a bit then realized that every time I'm rolling slow I could hear a slight rotary scrape like the pads where really low on the disk but then it strated to scrape when I was braking generally softly.

I went it early and it the dark so didn't bother having a look.

Went out to Tesco today to drop my misses off at work and the sound was still there so I had a look at the rear brake set-up to make sure it was all okay and to my amazment the outside brake pad was half hanging out and the inner pad wasn't even there!

Obviously this is what is making the scraping noises. There are groves on the disk on both sides and seeing as one pad is missing I can imagine the piston has taken a beating too...

I'm going back to the garage tomorrow due to it being bank holiday and them being closed but would I be entitled to a new pair or disks and pads due to it being bloody dangerous? Or should I ask for them to buy a new set of disks and pads in and fit them myself or get another garage to do it...

I'm guessing they probably left the caliper clip holding the pads in off and they have just slipped out. Never seen it before though! Very pissed off that's for sure!

Anyone had this done to them or seen it happen? What was the outcome?

:(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Its happened to me but it was myself and a friend doing the brakes so I can only guess the clip broke/slipped out as I know for sure we put the clip on so may have been the same for you or as you have said they could have just forgotten to put the clip on.

You have no real proof that they did not place the clip back on so it'll be a hard fight to win but you may get lucky.

PB172
Well I hope to win it because thye did change the bearing so it would have come off in the last week and they did say that there was a slight rubbing noise that was coming from the car when I got it back but it could of been the fact that the front brakes where new. :/