ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mister_lees copycat PH1 progress so far

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Hi thought id start a project thread and share some pics its a bit of marmite content

it started out as a standard clio 1.2 8v which i bought in 2009. More or less had no mods for a year and a half and ran it on gloss black steelies/ ph2 trims, detailed it to within a inch of its life and just learnt to work on the car myself doing simple services and oil changes! Whilst I just waited for my premiums to get cheaper. Got a garage to repair the headgasket as it let go shortly after i bought the car (1 week actually :/), only for it to let go again 7k later as the garage must have done a shoddy job, so got it done again with loads of help from a couple of mates.

From then on did small budget mods at a time to bring it to what it looks like today!

mods/ changes

-silvervisions
-ph2 strips
-ph2 spoiler
-dual optics
-ghetto'd roof aerial
-removed gay renault coding stickers, old dealer stickers
-renault sticky tax disc holder
-fogs (only decorative though have the D.I.Y relays and that but not had time or balls to go outside in the winter weather)
-ph2 front splitter
-60mm springs apex
-clio sport 1.2 16v red speedo needles
-sparco brushed alu pedals
-dice and magic tree :p
-colourcoded boot lock
-ramair induction kit
-gloss smooth black sills
-matt black drums and callipers
-silver hammerite exhaust
-yellow valver wheels on 195/45/15 tyres
-dc shoes sticker
-Colin Mcrae sticker
-took off mudflaps
-colour coded mirrors

future plans

-fit 58mm 16v hubs, rokkor coilovers, front camber bolts then tracking
-clean engine bay paint block and sump, suspension struts on the front shocks.
-wire brush rear beam drums and paint beam gloss black and matt black (again) the drums and front callipers.
-sort and treat rust on sill and general paintwork
-fill holes where renault badge was on boot
-refurb OS front dual optic with wet sanding and polishing.
-Need to replace centre seatbelt clasp in the back as it seems to work when it wants -ph1 sport aluminium gearknob.
- paint the dial surround silver.
- would like to d.i.y colour code all round
-dewiper

thats more or less it!

heres how its started sorry pics from advert were rubbish and i cant resize some of the photos!

Then trims

Eventually dual optics, then lowering

Then i was stupid with a cheap ebay buy and had lost my mind!

soon took that off! Then progressed on and on..

d.i.y refurbed wheels and painted badges in fiat golden yellow also gloss blacked the lower sills.

and thats how it stands!! Comments good or bad welcome! I'm not sure whether to go sensible and go silver or grey on the wheels! :p

p.s. ignore the 16v badge :eek:

2004 ph2 172
awwwwww.... I love Green and Yellow... looks lovely. Smart move on waiting for insurance to get cheap: There's many who'd do well to learn from you! :D

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
righty few updates had a day off on thursday so thought id treat a bit of rust out on the sill using a wire brush attachment on a cordless and some rustremedy. Sorry about pics i just like to crack on with stuff so no before pics of the rust unfortunately!

during with rust remedy on

after filler primer laquer and blended in

treated myself to some wheel stickers glad i chose them tbh!

removed the dc sticker, makes the car look a lot cleaner and oem

thats it for now..

e92 330i
Look really good that mate. Never seen the stickers likethst but it looks good! Whats next colour code?

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Thanks!!

Yeah colourcoding is definitely gonna be next on the list to do! Will be making a start on the door handles, fog surrounds, bumpstrips and spoiler next. Ill see about the bumpers at a later stage! :)

CLIO PH1 172
more colour coding, more lows, get centre caps and FINISH!! really good little project. i like

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
ive got 3 centre caps for sale if your interested drop me a PM ;)

how much is it lowered by? as it looks basically the same height as mine... and mines aint lowered!

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
fellow yellow valver friend its lowered by 60mm on apex but has 45 profile tyres on so theres a ridonkculous arch gap!!

anyways update for today yellow fogs and colourcoded surrounds not to everyones taste but am pleased with how it looks
filler primered

painted and laquered

yellow film on fogs (pain in the jeer)

done :)

next: colourcoding spoiler, bumpstrips and handles :cool:
x

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
thanks :) for the colour I use spray cans from halfords and any plastic primer /filler primer i can get hold of go from a 250 to prep plastic and clean with brake cleaner to give primer a key then went to 400 grit paper for the sanding filler primer before i lay down a base coat of green paint just making sure put on the paint evenly and heating up the spray can before with a heat gun in a warmish working area! Then use some cheap laquer i have which is like £3.50 for 500ml at a local spares shop down the road.

I'm hoping to get used to using my dads compressor with a spray gun hes got from a car boot. Hopefully itll be good enough to do bigger stuff like the front and rear bumpers and maybe spoiler which should be a good learning curve!! :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
i want another set of yellow valvers tbh! and i rekon you should get some "john deere" stickers on it ;) :rasp:

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
john deere stickers are inspired!!! Haha!! :cool: yeah wish id gone and bought some coilovers in the first place really... not that impressed with the drop to be honest from the springs! Better than standard height tho!!

anyway.. update from sunday

ended up colourcoding the door handles bit of a pain just took quite a while to get them off

sprayed

fitted

then ended up painting the rear drums in gloss black

next: bumpstrips,spoiler,clear repeaters and a new exhaust mount! :)

x

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
that is impressive results from a spray can! you have skills! car looks good too i like the colour combo just dont go overboard and start doing wing mirrors and badges in yellow or i recon it will become too much

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
very little update but its a update i guess!! clios back on steelies for now with colourcoded bumpstrips and graphite grey front badge. Just got my raceland coilovers through just in the process in converting the hubs!! Then it should be back on yellow valvers or maybe paint them silver with centre caps

next coileys and extra lowness!!! :cool:
x

chumpmobile
i was gonna say that it looked so rad on steels! looks so sick man!
coileys on and leave it looking like this imo!

you have skills with a paint can man!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
b*****d, so much better than me at rattle can stuff! Keep it up, car looks great and very tasteful!

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
More progress...:)

Dewipered the rear of the car this afternoon and started on smoothing out the 3 holes where the renault badge used to be. Ended up using epoxy resin to fill the holes and used standard car filler on top, hopefully it holds up! Just up to the stage of filler- primer but the heavens decided to open! Still needs lots more work wet sanding a bit more filler, paint and lacquer obviously! :D still not sure whether to get rid of the clio badge aswell on the back or keep it!? :S

x

Liquid Yellow R27
Looking good dude! I really like the green / yellow together. Also have to agree with everyone, you have done a good job with a spray can on those bits.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
cheers all!!

Another update!!

Managed to get a pair of 16v hubs ready for the conversion from a scrapyard yesterday. Ended up wire brushing them down and repainting them in hammerite last night!

Was planning on getting the coileys on today but the driveshaft nut on the right hand side is seized, bit gutted but hopefully going to get it loosened off tomorrow at a garage opposite work.

Anyway fitted clear side repeaters, refitted my interior bits back in after dewipering and replacing a dodgy seatbelt clasp. Fitted a new antirollbar droplink, repainted the boot using a rattle can ,loosened and retightened nearly every bolt attaching the to hubs and struts on the front so next weekend it should run smoothly!! :D

^paint still needs lacquering hence why it looks so flat but the holes are filled in and seems pretty flush!! I'll see whether I can use a mini machine polisher at work at some point this week and I might just get away with it without needing it painted by a pro! :)

...and yes some tool put a nice crease in my rear quarter this week with their door :mad:

next: coileys and finishing off spraying boot! :D

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
another… not very good epic fail update…

58mm hubs fitted and converted from 52mm last night!! ready for coileys
on my day off today :D

so got up at 8 this morning and compressed my old springs took the top mounts off my old shocks and began fitting one side!

But……

got these coilovers and they're no where even close bolts spacings far too big!! I said by email 58mm i don't know whats gone wrong on why they've sent me these!!

^bolt spacings far too big! they dont even fit flush to the hub theres like 10mm gappage! :/

anyone got any experience with raceland about sending them back quite worried as the postage on them is going to be a lot if they're from belgium! :O and hopefully i get reimbursed of the costs!

I just don't seem to have much luck! Well the cars back on its old struts and hubs now but what a waste of time!! :/

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
That's how they sit man! When you tighten it all up ad get the camber right it's all fine!

Horse them on and ve done with it! Mind the top one is for camber! Need to have the hub basically all the way back in that bolt hole

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
Found out it was me in the end! Bought the wrong hubs and got them swapped for the right pair yesterday. Then ready to fit the coilovers! :cool:

cheeky pic

Still not sure about the wheels but is attracting a lot of attention. Ill have to get a set of silver valvers with centre caps and maybe deyellow it at somepoint!

next: tracking today, fix the slightly sagging front bumper, fit another new anti roll bar link and get the rear numberplate fitted!