ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misty Windows

2004 Clio 182
Any ideas on how to get rid?! Clio Ph2 172

I've had to de-ice the inside of my windows today and was late for work. Any ideas on how to get rid of having wet windows? Doesnt seem to be any leaks anywhere!

Listerine & Poledo
Run your air con, that'll clear the symptoms.
But don't know about why it would be happening, guess it could be several things.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i get the same, im sure i read years ago on here a filter or something may need replacing????

im sure someone will chip in and explain

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
does anyone have a photo of the engine bay with a big arrow of where the filter is actually located?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's under the drivers side scuttle panel so you don't need to remove the wipers first :wink:
cool, it is pretty easy to get to, or a paion in the arse??

anyone got a link to where to buy a new filter online?

clio 182
i just read , and i know it sounds strange but if you leave cat litter in a tray obviously in the car it draws in the moisture...
p-34227-44708-cat1.jpg

:tonguewink:

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
It's under the scuttle and you don't need to remove the wipers to change it.

Also make sure your recirculation flap isn't stuck. You need fresh air coming in otherwise you'll steam up.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I have this problem too. Passenger carpet gets wet sometimes and the rear bench.
In the wife's dynamique the sunroof was letting in a load of water. That's sealed up now and dry as a bone.
The cup doesn't have said sunroof, so the only things I can think to look at after the pollen filter are:
  • Door seal
  • Boot seal
  • Rear light seal
  • Aerial seal
Any more from anyone?

clio 182 trophy
In the wife's dynamique the sunroof was letting in a load of water. That's sealed up now and dry as a bone.
The cup doesn't have said sunroof, so the only things I can think to look at after the pollen filter are:
  • Door seal
  • Boot seal
  • Rear light seal
  • Aerial seal
Any more from anyone?
Thanks very much!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's under the scuttle and you don't need to remove the wipers to change it.

Also make sure your recirculation flap isn't stuck. You need fresh air coming in otherwise you'll steam up.

where is this said flappy flap?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
My Mk3 does it as well.
Not even my old P reg Vectra had this much of a problem! It's also shocking how much water collects in the scuttle panel as the drainage is so bad.
Can't find any moisture getting in the car. It mostly seems to be when it's either very cold, or after we've got in the car and we bring in the moisture (wet shoes leading to wet mats, or we're soaked from rain).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm I'm not overly sure, I think @McGherkin had an issue with his so he might be able to shed some light on it
Sorry, your tag didn't work.

First of all, put your fans on full, and press the recirc button - you should hear the sound of the air changing, and if recirc is on you will probably hear a rushing of air from the footwell. If you don't hear a change in noise, it probably means your flap is stuck, the motor drive is rounded off (common) or the motor's dead.

The recirculation flap is accessible from two places - you can either reach up behind the dashboard in the driver's footwell to try and feel your way onto it - it's like a letterbox.
Or you can pull the blower fan out and see more easily from the engine side - I used this guide;
[video]

If the flap's closed, it means recirc is OFF, if it's open it means recirc is ON. My flap motor died completely.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Check underneath your carpets under the drivers/passengers seats, there is sponge/sound deadening stuff which soaks up any accumulated water - this does not always show up as wet carpets, but those sponges can hold a large amount of water, should be obvious when you feel under the carpet.

Megane 225 f1
My heater matrix is leaking causing misty windows. Tell tale is a sweet coolant smell when you put the heating on. Also when i took my centre console out there was a patch of green on the sound proofing. If you are getting this its letting water in somewhere which needs to be sorted first then you have a chance of drying the car out. Also iv'e had a new windscreen fitted and i get water coming in and running top to bottom down the screen, but that's only in heavy rain.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
My Mk3 does it as well.
Not even my old P reg Vectra had this much of a problem! It's also shocking how much water collects in the scuttle panel as the drainage is so bad.
Can't find any moisture getting in the car. It mostly seems to be when it's either very cold, or after we've got in the car and we bring in the moisture (wet shoes leading to wet mats, or we're soaked from rain).
MK3 scuttle panel has a known problem, take off the panel and there are a few rubber drains (3 IIRC). Pull them out towards you, theres a stupid flap on the end for no reason that stops water flowing out, I think its to filter leaves or something but its on the furthest end of the hose?! Cut the flaps off, problem solved and no more scuttle panel flooding. Did this on mine and it was fine for a long time after right up until I sold it, probably still fine now.