ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitsu Colt vs 16v

YehYeh i know, why were u racing a colt? Whats the point? They are slow blahblahblah. Heres what happend anyway.

Driving through Bracknell and some Burberry capped holagans came flyin up my ass whilst approaching a roundabout. I took the left hand lane as they took the right, Out onto the roundabout i had a little play with the bankend, whilst it looked as if he was really pushing it. As we both came outta the roundabout i thought this is where it ends punk, and floored it through the end of 2nd. I must have gained about 2-2.5 car lenghts on him but whent to put it in 3rd and the clutch made a crackin noise and the pedal went to the floor. Oh dear...I was fukin outraged because 1: Ive had enough problems with the fukin car anyway, 2: This stupid rude boy in his colt started to slowly overtake me when i was trin to get it in gear. And by the time i did, he was gone.

So if u read this you know who you are, and ill be back...

BTW i had to pump the clutch before i dis-engaged the dam gear and went back to normal. Apparently its the pedal rottary lever!!? Any ideas anyone? Also whilst on the subject my car now wont start, i have to either use jump leads or push start. Seems the battery has not enough power to turn the starter motor? More ideas? So all in all a crap weekend.

Ah i had the same sort of noise on Friday night flying down a slip road to join the A13, put the clutch down to go into 4th and crunch, the clutch cable goes!!!!!

Hmm, I was looking at Colts - really nice looking cars imo, but very underpowered... never seen a quick one..

This Cyborg.. mmm... a Quick Colt would be mint imo!

Cyborg is only 16.8 1/4 mile apparently..

Saw an ad tho for a Colt with an Evo Engine Conversion apparently - its been sold tho, so didnt get to see the details...

Join the club I snapped mine on Thursday! & yes it wont start either Had to get jump leads! & leave it for about 5min then turn car over!

I hope its just the Battery, and hope its not the syncromesh. Thats expensive isnt it? I hate jumping starting aswell. Look like your trying to steal it and sometimes it sounds as if the gearbox is about to fall out!

My Dads mate owns an old TVR and its more reliable than mine...Now thats worring. I have a sort of Love-Hate relationship with it. The cars soo much fun but can i get cheaper, better fun?

At the moment the going rate, including the little crash i had, is about £300-400 PCM. And thats just keeping it on the road. Ive got a list of other bits i need, Sunroof seal, Full beam relay, Tyres etcetc.. Also not including petrol, tax i pay. Should i get rid of it, Or am i near the edge of spending and will be alrite for 6 months!!?