ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitsubishi Evo 5

Hey guys,

Did a shoot on a MINT evo 5 yesterday. The hardest part was finding good locations to do the shoot, hopefully I did ok with what I had :)

DSC_4894.jpg

DSC_4796.jpg

DSC_4901.jpg

DSC_4920.jpg

DSC_4838.jpg

DSC_4859.jpg

DSC_4936.jpg

DSC_4949.jpg

DSC_4905.jpg

DSC_4886.jpg

DSC_4811.jpg

DSC_4928.jpg

I am still learning, so I open to comments and criticism (as long as it's contrustive!! ;))

Ian

Focus TDCi
At this point I shall let out a long frustrated sigh. :dapprove: .. You're too good!

Love the moving shot locations and the static shots, great light, motion, colours etc. Abstract close-ups aren't really my thing, but that wheel shot works really well. :approve:

Thanks for the comments :)

Abstract close-ups aren't really my thing, but that wheel shot works really well. :approve:

I know what you mean, I want to get a bit better at them, as they can look really good if you know what you're doing.

good stuff, rig shots i presume for the moving ones !
Very impressive !

Indeedy :)

We were a bit restricted as to what angles we get the rig coming off the car, Ideally I would have liked a bit more head on shot, but there was nowhere to clamp the rig under the front of the car :(
Still, Im very with the country lane rig shots. We tried to pick the quietest lane possible with no traffic. We did have two cars try to pass us, it was quite amusing to see the drivers faces when they sore what we were doing lol!

I hate you and your amazing skills. :dapprove:

Absolutely epic shots as per, your stuff always makes me want to go and shoot more cars.

Thanks again for the comments, much appreciated!

Excellent mate, those moving shots could be in evo magazine.

What setup are you using?

Well actually the owner had his camera there, and was taking photos of me, taking photos of his car lol!
So here's some out-take shots: (keep the abuse to a minimum please! ;))

P1040006.jpg

P1040010.jpg

P1040019.jpg

P1040029.jpg

P1040073.jpg

P1040034.jpg

And all this equipment transported in my van-spec clio!
P1040022.jpg

lift number 1 @ btm
awesome pictures dude!

as said they would not be out of place in a magazine or mitsubishi brochure.
you always seem to get the background exactly right!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
excellent as always mate.

I would really like to come out on a shoot with you sometime, I don't mind driving to you.
As of November I will be based in Salisbury, so not too far for me to drive up.

Thinking about getting myself a rig, but need to use it wisely as the shots look very " Samey".

Cracking shots.

Took pics of you playing with lights and looking at your camera, but none of the 15ft poles coming off the car!! lol..

Thanks again all :)

Planetx - Sure thing mate. It's a deal as long as you can get me some killer locations! ;)
Do you still have your V6? Maybe we can do a 'mess about' shoot. Nothing too serious, just play about and see what we can learn of each other?

Oh....and by then I might even have a new camera ;) Im holding out for the new D3s (id it's going to be called that!) but if not, I'll get a D3 instead :)

I know what you mean about the 'samey' rig shots. Im still practising to use this new one, then hopefully I'll try and think of better uses for it.

Cracking shots.

Took pics of you playing with lights and looking at your camera, but none of the 15ft poles coming off the car!! lol..

I know lol! I thought he would of got one, but he was 'driving' in all the shots anyway.

Couple more shots:

Not sure about this one, I saw the yellow doors as we drove pass and thought it would either work or not. I think it's ok, I was worried the car would not stand out enough from the background, but I think it's just about ok :)

DSC_4872.jpg

DSC_4803.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Its a deal.

I will have new cameras once I get back, these sand filled ones are staying here.

I have loads of contacts around Wiltshire - get us onto Upavon and Netheravon ( small helicopter Airbases)

Use some Tanks etc as backdrops....pretty much anywhere, all it needs is a phonecall.

Sure I can find a warehouse or 2.

Still have the Vee, got a mate with a Mint...and I mean Mint Subaru WR1 - which reminds me it is approaching 2010 Calendar time for most forums, WR1OC ( owners club) are always on the lookout.....so we could use that as a motivation to publicise some of your work.

I will PM you my mobile.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice shots.

Anyone could have the same results with a iPhone and a broom handle.. maybe some gaffa-tape.. but good effort none the less ;)

That yellow one might have worked better as a profile with the car between two pillars ? Camouflage/chameleon type of thing...

Cant wait to see photos of V6 and tanks'n'sheeeet...!!!!! :hail:

I think you need to get Ukaskew involved too, then the shots would get me moist.

I can't wait to see the outcome of the next shoot!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
have you checked the images from this guy?

He is the one responsible for the images of my car prior to me owning it......bloody talented when it comes to Automotive stuff.

Some of the cars he gets access to blow you away, and he started out just like you.

Perhaps we need to get your images printed up and go around to garages and approach them for the loan of a driver and car for the day.....

I am also trying to find an article from an american guy that started the whole "Rig" photography and "Boom" craze off - some of his helpful tips were good, silly little things like he used to fill the tyre treads with white chalk when doing motion shots, helps to show motion rather than a plain black tyre.
www.deanphoto.co.uk

I guess you have been on here?..........http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/37-kick-ass-rig-car-photography-shots

Last edited:
^Yeh Im very familiar with his work, I go on another forum and he's a regular too.

I think Im right in saying he does shoots for some supercar clubs in the UK!

I have thought about going round places asking for shoots, but I wanted to build up my 'portfolio' first, and get some better photos in there too.

To be honest....I havent got a single photo printed :(

I know it's shameful, but I've never had any reason to do it. Plus I think it goes back to what I said before about having a stronger portfolio before I do anything with it.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Don't doubt yourself is the first thing - your work is unique, your style is individual.

Once I get back we will sort out some prints for you, will print you off a load - you don't need stacks - 10 - 15 of your best for starters. Have a look for a decent leather case before you know you will be shooting your first Veyron...be positive.

lol, Thanks for the support :)

I MIGHT be doing a shoot of a Nissan GTR at some point so if that goes well (or happens at all!) then that will help my portfolio too!

Speak to you after to get back :)

Thanks again :)

Couple more:

DSC_4924.jpg

This is different to the other shot in the set, I prefer this one as the wheels are a bit lighter, and its a tad sharper too :)

DSC_4887.jpg