ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 1.8 16v Project: FREE

Seat Ibiza Cupra
Make & Model...
97 (i think) mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
Mods only are a Mongoose stainless cat back.

The car has MOT til June or July and is pretty straight, its had a bit of welding done on the rear drivers side arch, but nothing major, bodywork is straight as can be but the sunroof is leaking a bit, which we might rip out and weld up. Not sure on the mileage, think its done about 90k, but dont quote me on that.

Plans...
This is going to be a join effort between myself and my mate for a cheap project car for 2009, we're planning on doing as many track days as possible in this thing, making sure we dont lose sight of what the car is, a cheap fun track day car.

Shopping List...
Needs a new clutch cable and a service, and thats all for the must haves for the car to run. Some seats and harnesses are a must as well as some suspension, all will be done as cheap as possible but with some half decent parts. The plan is to be basically get as many parts for free or cheap or stuff in exchange for favours. lol.

Purchase Cost...
FREE!!

Seat Ibiza Cupra
Some pics...
DSC07477copy.jpg

DSC07478copy.jpg

DSC07489copy.jpg

DSC07490copy.jpg

Engine...
DSC07521copy.jpg

DSC07518copy.jpg

Pipe...
DSC07488copy.jpg

Had to remove the airbox to get at the clutch cable, what a pain in the ass it is to remove the cable. Gonna get some DIY air filter for it which will sit where the headlight was. Yep, thats gone too. :D
Couple of things removed...
IMG_0051copy.jpg

IMG_0053copy.jpg

Dash gone..
DSC07493copy.jpg

Seat Ibiza Cupra
Interior now...
DSC07483copy.jpg

DSC07484copy.jpg

One of the boys looking smug with his breakages on the car...
IMG_0052copy.jpg

Me trying to remove the clutch cable...
001copy.jpg

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
FREE!?!? :eek:

Lucky git lol! Few quid to be made from that lot you stripped out ;) could help fund the project, are you on williamsclio or clio16valver? The bits would sell better on those ;)

Fair play to ya & good luck with it :cool:

Seat Ibiza Cupra
The tax was up on it on the 31st and the guy didnt want to renew it. Its got MOT til July as well!

We're based in South Wales.

Thanks for the comments. :D

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Where in South Wales?? Looks like a tidy project! Fancy selling it to me instead? Make a quick buck :)

Seat Ibiza Cupra
Lol. This ones a keeper for a while sorry, but i'm not that far away up the top end of the Rhondda.

Seat Ibiza Cupra
Thanks. :D

I'm sure we'll be there for Eurofest again and one of the performance car action days plus as usual we should be doing about 3 track days at Llandow.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
wow, can't knock it for free!

also, don't see many ph2's in that colour

and join clio16valver.co.uk ;)

Seat Ibiza Cupra
I'll pop on clio16valver.co.uk. :D

Is there any parts i should be wary of or should change as i'm doing a service on it?

The power steering seems to be groaning a bit as well.

Seat Ibiza Cupra
How much of an idiot am i, just registered on clio16valver.co.uk and clicked i was under the age of 16 by accident. Great, now i cant get on without posting a signed agreement by my guardian. lol.

BMW M5 & E36
All looks very familiar! Lots of Mk1 projects on the go on here at the moment! Have a look at my thread if you get bored, may give you an idea or two :)

How much of an idiot am i, just registered on clio16valver.co.uk and clicked i was under the age of 16 by accident. Great, now i cant get on without posting a signed agreement by my guardian. lol.

Lol! Have done that quite a few times myself

Seat Ibiza Cupra
All looks very familiar! Lots of Mk1 projects on the go on here at the moment! Have a look at my thread if you get bored, may give you an idea or two :)

Thats a great thread you got goin there! Like the chopping out of the doors, thats on the list now. lol.

s1 williams/106gti
looks pretty clean in the pics.sell the interior and anything you rip off and the car will technically paying you to own it !!! :rasp:

you gotta love a free car.
heres mine......................
clean2.jpg

s1 williams/106gti
anyone heard of puttin the 16 valver in a mk1 1.2?
THREAD HIJACK !!!!:nono:.................lol yep been done but what with the price of 16valves right now its well not worth it when you can buy one already done.engine swaps arent really that worth it unless its exotic when the car in question is already about and cheap to buy you might as well go buy one.

and now back to thread at hand :D