ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 1.8 16v with 172 conversion!!

ff clio 172
hi my freind has asked me to post some pics of his clio and hopefully he'll fill in the specs etc
comments welcome
PICT0251.jpg

PICT0252.jpg

PICT0250.jpg

PICT0253.jpg

PICT0254.jpg

ff clio 172
he said to me it was easy but im not sure how long it took him

it also ran a 14.1 at santa pod few weeks back that was running a laguna gear box

Last edited:
yep winston off here, hes already got the donor car and its safe to say the williams is nearly ready to go, he hasnt a dash in..

I bet its serious fun tho, how fast compared to a normal valver?

Very nice!!!

Im planning to do one after FCS.... got most the bits now

What F4R did you use? Ph1 172, Ph2 172 or 182?... How did he tackle the wiring?, I was just going to run both looms

Glad to see someone else is doing it.... Might be quizing you guys in the future ;) ;)

14.1 is a nice time..... How much interior does it have

MORE SPEC & PICS PLS :D :D :D :D :D

Lots of Alfas
Nice work!! The mk1 bay looks slightly bigger than the mk2. A 172mk1 engine? as has the cable throttle but must be 172cup'd as has the air con pump took off.

535d / t5 caravelle
from what i've read on it, i thought it was hard as f**k to do? thought nick read was on with one about fifty year ago

ff clio 172
all i no is its a ph1 manual cable throttle engine and beat my freinds impreza wrx down the strip lol

full leather interior
as soon as he's on he'll leave the specs etc he just did'nt no how to post pictures

ValverInBits
didnt even realise that was possible! thought those lumps were much too tall!
Congrats
more specs!

Congrats
more specs!
I was told that too, as I thought about that conversion years ago & asked if it had been done - at the time it hadn't, then a bloke in france did it on his valver.

I like that valver, it looks spot on - nice conversion too :cool:

M

mini-valver

Looks well done! Did you use the cup alternator set-up or make up all your own brackets etc?

Ghetto IK though, get a decent filter set-up and I'm sure you'd notice a difference as that must heat soak to feck!

535d / t5 caravelle
ring your mate up and tell him to get his ass on here asap, theres people waiting to go to bed lol, ;)

Suzuki SV650
Congrats
more specs!
I was told that too, as I thought about that conversion years ago & asked if it had been done - at the time it hadn't, then a bloke in france did it on his valver.

I like that valver, it looks spot on - nice conversion too :cool:

Was a white valver yes? I saw that ages ago on here iirc? Looked ace.

That blue one does look good thou too, I will keep my eye open for that on the roads!

320d
Yep the one in France was a white valver, a few years ago now

I'm hoping Winston will do a progress thread for his conversion

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye the white French valver had 172 interior etc also...stunning car

very, very nice though fella!

I'll be doing a progress thread Rich... Wasn't it one of the conditions of getting the car from you ;) ;) ;)

Anyone got the link to the White one?

PS ....Still Drooooooooooooling :D

I think Christophers FPM has just been knocked off the top spot!
I reckon a 172 engine in a Kangoo would be the b****cks.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
Very nice!!!

Im planning to do one after FCS.... got most the bits now

What F4R did you use? Ph1 172, Ph2 172 or 182?... How did he tackle the wiring?, I was just going to run both looms

Glad to see someone else is doing it.... Might be quizing you guys in the future ;) ;)

14.1 is a nice time..... How much interior does it have

MORE SPEC & PICS PLS :D :D :D :D :D

Hi
It has full interior
Thanks fro looking at my car
wayneclio16v