ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 headlight - dead :-(

Anyone know how much the expensive looking bulb in the mk1 172 (and other twin headlight 98>01 Clios) costs?

Can I order on off the net anywhere rather than being fleeced by Renault?

Cheers.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i might be able to get you one from work Rhys...

ill have a look in the catalogue tomorrow and get you a price if i remember !

is your number still 077113*****

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Take one out & have a look...

Or pop into Halfords and check the bulb fitting list, then dont buy one!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 01 December 2003
Anyone know how much the expensive looking bulb in the mk1 172 (and other twin headlight 98>01 Clios) costs?Can I order on off the net anywhere rather than being fleeced by Renault?Cheers.

Not very expensive are they really, if you had xenons I could understand but it should only set you back £15 max for 2 bulbs.. heh.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

9005 bulbs

Get them from power bulbs

(Dont get blue vision get the other ones )

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 02 December 2003
is your number still 077113*****

No I dont think it is I tried calling it and all I got was "The number you have called has not been recognised". :p

Yup, bargin much cheapness from Halfords (£7.99). I thought that the dipped beam on the mk1 was some sort of fancy bulb (it looks it from the outside), but its exactly like the pic above, but pushed inside the fancy looking bulb. What a con, eh?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the halfords ones cast light about 30-60m shorter than the phillips bulbs

well worth paying £25 next time

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 02 December 2003

the halfords ones cast light about 30-60m shorter than the phillips bulbs

well worth paying £25 next time
Well, its brighter than the original one on in the other headlamp, so itll do me for now.

Renault recommend using their bulbs only (I guess they would wouldnt they) as they say some aftermarket bulbs can leave marks on the lens.

Darren