ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 info

S2000 turbo

Hi all,

Might be selling up and looking for a 172. Has anyone got any useful links on potential probs on the MK1 172? heard a few horror stories, but still quite keen!

MB

Best not to know. Put it this way there no one or two points. There are loads of owners etc who keep buying Clio even with the problems they have had. If you read what everyone said on here ou would never buy a Clio ever. But there is something about them I feel. My Clio has had fenough problems to amek you think about never buying anything which has been near Renault but I still think seriously about buying a 172 etc

Megane 225 baby! :)

My MK1 172 has never let me down, shes an absolute babe in comparison to some of the horror stories! If when u take her out for a test drive and u fall in love with her warts n all, she will be urs for ever! :)

All cars have their own personalities, just have to make sure that you have the same one to match!!!! ;)

Yes I agree 100% with SAWA172. You can be lucky or not. I myself are covered 100% Renault warranty for 4 years and I can assure you till now renault paid around € 4000 on warrenty matters. Various things like exchange of steering wheel (alcatara leather was smelly and slippery), exhange of safety belts a complete NEW steering rack and motorjoints. So if you can buy one try to get it with renault warranty so you cannot be hurt to much....

good luck with the search for a nice one...

My mk1 has never let me down. The only problem I had is an annoying electrical connector that must be for the air bag, it falls off from its mounting position under the passenger seat and brings up the service and air bag light. If you just stick it back in place or cable tie it up then thats the problem solved.

Got mine with 24k on the clock, had the rear dampers changed and the fan belt split before the recommended service point, and the front shock tops needed replacing after 30k, oh and the air bag light occasionally plays up, but as mentioned earilier its an easy fix. Its fun to drive and as mentioned has bags of character, and if you sort of match the cars character its a riot. Plus you get the better looking of the 172s.;) (who couldnt like that cheeky little face)