ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 172 Service help!

Ex Ph-Quick

Car needs a service its 5 years old and has done 35K so am I right in saying that its major service time and cam belt change?

Totalling about £600 from Renault?

Ziel Nurburgring

Christ, 5 years old on 35k? Mines on 21k and its only 18 months old.

You could buy the parts and ask Mike172sport to do it as hes getting made redundant at some point (Fully qualified reno tech)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

just for the cambelt. I get discount cos i know the sales manager at renault leicester. I even asked him to sort me a megane trophy for the day whilst it was in.

Ex Ph-Quick

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 20 July 2005

Christ, 5 years old on 35k? Mines on 21k and its only 18 months old.

You could buy the parts and ask Mike172sport to do it as hes getting made redundant at some point (Fully qualified reno tech)

Wheres he based?

Ex Ph-Quick

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 20 July 2005

just for the cambelt. I get discount cos i know the sales manager at renault leicester. I even asked him to sort me a megane trophy for the day whilst it was in.

Good work

The cambelt change in derby is £291 so £350 seems expensive already

Quote: Originally posted by Eskiisbest on 20 July 2005

How you get discount?

Everybody can get discount you just have to ask............"how much discount if I book it in rite now"

I get 15/20%...............but thats also because we are regular customers and they operate a 10% discount scheme for buying a car from any of their outlets.

Cya Stu

PS its also between £44 and £69 cheaper if you supply your own oil!

[Edited by stusV6 on 20 July 2005 at 3:48pm]

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

if u give them ur reg number it will normally come up with a different quote. ring em and see

Ex Ph-Quick

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 20 July 2005

Again, ask mike if he can get you one at mates rates.....
Portsmouth it a hell of a long way to go and get it fitted or you on about getting the mates rates for derby?

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 20 July 2005Christ, 5 years old on 35k? Mines on 21k and its only 18 months old. You could buy the parts and ask Mike172sport to do it as hes getting made redundant at some point (Fully qualified reno tech)

Mine went over the 50,000 milestone last on the way down to Brands...where I proceeded to rag the tits off it:D

Oh, its a 52 plate, 2 and a half years old

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 7/20/2005 3:50:35 PM]:oops:

Ask for discount Eski................you should be able to get down to less than £600.................still a lot of bucks but its better in your pocket................ask to see the manager.

Also if it makes you feel any better the cambelt change on the Vee is £790, thats just for the belt change.....................cool eh...............so youre getting off light.............think yourself lucky eh :D

Cya Stu