ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Carbon Fibre Rear Quarter Panels...

Just wondered how much people would pay for a pair, basically the same as the carbonnut ones that were produced a few years back.

They would fill the big gap left when stripping out the rear of a clio mk1.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
these to be made by twistedstyling marcus?
they did morleys bonnet didnt they?

im sure there would be alot of interest

Its different people involved now, but yeah I got Morleys bonnet sorted :) Better quality carbon products and cheaper aswell :D

Just trying to develop a product range at the moment, and basically Dave @ Carbonnut had the right ideas so I am going to follow him :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i was very close to getting a custom bonnet done by them but couldnt justify it in the end.

looking forward to see what you produce

Was hoping for external ones ......got my hopes up :(

How much for a skin for my carbon-less bonnet? fibre glass or carbon?

05112005001.jpg

None
I would be intrested if they were good enough quality, £80 dont seem a bad price when you see how much K-tec sell their carbon stuff for

RenaultSport 172.
ahhh are these panels to cover up the gaping holes from the barness of the stripped clio?

ill deff have some if theres a bulk batch going :)

Rage

seen a set of these on e-bay

£100 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Mk1-Cl...ryZ40198QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like them but maybe a bit much IMO

Exactly the same as those ones, thats the same guy who produces the carbon for me, they are the first set and think he is just seeing how much he can sell them for!

I was thinking £80 including delivery, have to see how much he wants per set :)

Winston - Can just get you a full fibreglass bonnet if you want, probably be cheaper than skinning your exisiting one, save more weight then anyway.

Sunroof and tailgate should be coming in early 2007 ;)

Rb 182
PRICE for the bonnet please!!! wanted one for ages

seen a set of these on e-bay

£100 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carbon-Mk1-Cl...ryZ40198QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like them but maybe a bit much IMO

Exactly the same as those ones, thats the same guy who produces the carbon for me, they are the first set and think he is just seeing how much he can sell them for!

I was thinking £80 including delivery, have to see how much he wants per set :)

Winston - Can just get you a full fibreglass bonnet if you want, probably be cheaper than skinning your exisiting one, save more weight then anyway.

Sunroof and tailgate should be coming in early 2007 ;)

Fibreglass 16v bonnet with badge smoothed out is £175 including delivery, got a few carbon versions, but struggling to get the weave perfect around the 16v vent, keeps pulling the weave out, but still working on it at the moment.

As for the 172, should be able to take a mould from an MDF version and then reproduce that in carbon, not got a 172 close by that could be used, so would have to be an MDF version supplied to me.

Rb 182
Fibreglass 16v bonnet with badge smoothed out is £175 including delivery, got a few carbon versions, but struggling to get the weave perfect around the 16v vent, keeps pulling the weave out, but still working on it at the moment.

As for the 172, should be able to take a mould from an MDF version and then reproduce that in carbon, not got a 172 close by that could be used, so would have to be an MDF version supplied to me.

Any pics of the carbon ones??

I really want one. Pm please

Not got any pics of the carbon bonnets yet, Zmaster2k had the original one, got a few people waiting on mint versions, just struggling to get a mint one at the moment.

i could make these, all it is is a flat sheet of carbon, but when you make a bootlid please let me know.

Yeah the rear quarters are quite simple to do, a mould has been taken now though to make sure they are a good fit and to save time really.

is it the carbon nut mould? i remember someone having alot of trouble with a bonnet from them, im sure it was zmaster

1.8 RSi MK1 Superchipped
them ones on ebay didnt even sell for £40! does this mean the price will be comming down?

as for making them for the MK2, unless u really want CarFib ones why not just get a sheet of plastic cut to size?

is it the carbon nut mould? i remember someone having alot of trouble with a bonnet from them, im sure it was zmaster

No its not the carbon nut mould, fresh one got made a few months back, yeah zmaster had some hassle getting the bonnet after he won it on ebay, the lad who made it just didn't post it quickly enough, not sure if he actually fitted it though as last time I saw he was selling the car :(

The ones on Ebay were over priced, not sure if he has re-listed them, if he hasn't then I am sure I can get them sold to someone on here for £80 including delivery :D