ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Clio interior swap with interesting...things

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello guys! This is my first thread here, actually second after the introduction, let me start by asking a highly nonsense and awkward question (obviously :p )

I own an MK1 Clio, and as i did in every car i own(ed), I care about the interior first, t has to be mint.

Anyways, I would like to swap the interior off of a Clio 197(or any sport-ish new clio, 2009 upward, like RS).
1. At first, i would like to know if the Recaro bucket seats off of the Clio 197 F1 physically fits into the mk1, if they are too big, they hit the roof etc..(i will sort out the mounts myself)

2. This will sound a bit stupid, i would also like to swap the rear seats, are they close in measurements?
3. I doubt thats possible, but is it to swap the whole dash off of the same car( 197,200 f1) into the mk1? I mean i know i will have to modify a lot of things, but is it physically possible to fit it, along with the steering wheel?

Sorry for this mile long thread, in the future i will try to make them shorter :p

THanks!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm fairly sure that that has never been tried before. I think you're going to have to get a 197 and your Mk1 next to each other and get measuring!

If you do do it, I'd love to see pics/progress!

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Today a GOlf 5 GTi arrived at my workshop, with leather interior, so I am thinking of swapping those front and back seats. I have measured them, and without the center console that big they could fit well. Not the back seats tho, so I will have to find other back seats to fit. Anyways, I don't think I will do the dash swap, i'll just upholster the whole dash in alcantara leather, and the door pannels too, so that will be good enough. I will put the Megane RS 2010 steering wheel tho, i found it for pretty cheap.