ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio Sunroof

Anyone had problems with their mk1 and a leaky sunroof? Its doing my box in. If so, how did you rectify it? Been quoted 230 quid to fix it!

They all do it.

It can either be the aerial leaking or the sunroof (usually sunroof).

Sillicone between the surround and roof fixed it on my 1.2.

steve740 said:
its a pain in the arse! Its comin in thru the interior light! Its a right little feature

Yea, next to go will be your infrared receiver ;) I had mine in a food bag in the end.

On mine, it was because the surround lifted up and wasn't connected to the actual roof.

The thing is, my aerial is loose on the roof, and the seal on the sunroof has lifted a bit. I dont fancy paying 230 quid for it to be done tho

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
£230!!!!! hahaah jokers! buy some black silicone and unbolt the aerial and put it under there and under the sunroof surround which tends 2 curl up and come away frm the metal of the roof.

RenaultClio 1.4
Glad you asked cuz mine did this the other day, was really bad, water just dripped constantly from the infrared box, could hear it sizzling :S but now i know what to do, ta :)

V

valver pete

If its electric, remove the plastic surround by the roof switch (slide it towards the glass, then pull it down) and use an allen key to tighten the glass down to the seal. When the teeth on the motors become worn they dont shut the roof as tight. This will also pull the frame down a bit but is only temp till you can get the frame off and re-seal it. As for the aerial, un-bolt it seal it and re-bolt it.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
seal the aerial up mate if its loose i done my sunroof myself on my mk1 if you need a seal for by the glass as well go to pugeot and get one much cheaper then renault.

Renault Clio RSi Mk1
lemonnobby1 said:
seal the aerial up mate if its loose i done my sunroof myself on my mk1 if you need a seal for by the glass as well go to pugeot and get one much cheaper then renault.

Mine has a peice missing out of the rubber and leaks like a b**ch :(

Which Peugeot model has the same rubber ?????

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
Just resealing the aerial sorted it out on mine, but just for safety I think I might just take the seal out of the sunroof and remove some of the foliage growing in it anyway... unless that's the only thing that's actually sealing it :S But a bit of sealant can't go too far wrong.

What's the most likely cause of a leak in my boot though? After a bit of a downpour the other day the boot carpet was literally dripping. Boot seal? Boot door alignment? My plan at the moment is to camp out in my boot next time it rains. :D See what's going on.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
hi ppl i dont know what model possibly 106 i will find out for you tomorro. berlin is your rear lights in properly.

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
lemonnobby1 said:
berlin is your rear lights in properly.

No. I had an errr... little incident, reversing the other day, and I'm now one new rear light richer. But I've got a feeling it might have knocked the metal bit around the light, which carrys the door seal in a bit with the force of it.

Yeah, slight problem. I just went and shut myself in the boot, and I could see daylight through most of the door seal. It's not just on the side where I hit it though, neither side's seal actually touches the boot door around the metal light backing bit. Hmmm. Either the previous owner's had as much joy reversing as I have, or my door's warped or something.

I think I might just try adding an extra bit of seal (draft excluding tape?) to the boot door itself (in the most tasteful way possible of course :eek: ) and seeing if that can sort it out.