ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Dash Wiring/Lights

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to fix wiring on the dash, and replace the bulbs?

I think the wire to the bulbs telling me when my headlights/sidelights is loose as they come on and go off at random occasions (really just the sidelights but the headlights aswell) and i know this is an MOT failure. :dapprove:

Also the left side of my dash (speedometer, petrol gauge) is quite dim, and the other side (revs, oil) is fine. I think its just lights that need replacing.

Is it an easy job? :)

Looking for a ph-quick...
Bulbs are too dificult on the dash clocks chap, whip the dash top off, steering wheel surround then you will have access to all the screws to realease clocks (two top two bottom). Unplug all wiring and sppedo cable and the clocks are out!

So if the lights on the dash dont come on telling you that your headlights are on its an MOT failure? you sure?

Amir

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Cheers, so i'm best just going to a scrappy and getting clocks there?

Yea the haynes manuals tell you what they fail on and so do some sites, you have to be able to tell your lights etc. are working :dapprove:

Pain in the tits

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
cheers, just had a look at the haynes manual, seems easy enough to sort. What type of bulbs are they? and where can i buy cheap bulbs? :)

Last edited:
M

Mark E-J

Conor88 said:
cheers, just had a look at the haynes manual, seems easy enough to sort. What type of bulbs are they? and where can i buy cheap bulbs? :)

these are the bulbs u need there are 2 types these are the smaller ones i think u need 21 of those but dont quote me on that my memory is pooor

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_Lighting/Dashboard_LED_Bulbs/dashboard_led_bulbs.html

then there are the larger ones which are wedge type fitment which slot into the black bulb holder which in turn screws into the back of the clocks