ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Key Cutting.. Just Renault

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Having trouble finding somewhere that will cut another key for my spare fob, theyre all saying they cant do it as theres a chip inside - duh i know that but after you take it apart its just a bloody key! albeit a funny shape..

Is it a Renault jobby or have people managed to get it done at certain chains?

Cheers!

Practically any key cutters can do you a spare key.

I got mine done in the local shoe repair shop. Took half an hour.

Works fine.

/Mad

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

^^^ Thats not what the 3 ive took it to say! theyve all turned round and said no :(

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I got mine cut at Timpsons and they have to go back... They were quite happy to do it but it seems like theres a bit of a difference as it doesnt work...

They did say if there was any problems to just take them back...

:cry:

Righto, work in a shop tyhat cuts keys, what some people have found that is some keys have a ship in them that works the imobiliser, if you have a couple of spares cut (we charge £4.50 a key) and hold the chip by the ignition while the car is running its fine, move it away and the car stops.

Its complete BS that they cant cut a spare, just tell them that as long as it turns youll be happy if it doesnt work and start the car you wont bring it back to them.

Depending on which supplier they use, there several main ones, HD and JMA are the ones we use the JMA key number is NE36

Quote: Originally posted by madcowz on 28 December 2004

Practically any key cutters can do you a spare key.

I got mine done in the local shoe repair shop. Took half an hour.

Works fine.

/Mad
Fook me what where they playing around at?

Taskes me about 2 mins TOPS to do a car jey, ordinary yale key takes about 10 secs, lol

heh,

they were busy, were cutting keys for the house and I dropped the wifes boots off to have new zips put in.

But, yes, pretty tardy all the same :)

/Mad

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Cheers lads - Ill go somewhere else and see what they say..