ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Megane Coupe

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi,

More curiosity than anything else ... for now.

The Mk1 Megane Coupe, what is the interchangeability like between this and the Mk2 Clio, if any?

I currently have a high boost 172 Cup and would love to look in to reselling what I currently have in to something like this? So, basically, what I'm asking is will the likes of the engine and gearbox, roll cage, ast coilovers etc be a straight forward replacement, a little bit of work or a complete no go?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Engine will drop straight in, struts may fit with new top mounts and providing you have the correct hubs on the Megane. Rear is completely different though as it’s a tortion bar set up not springs and dampers.
Roll cage won’t fit, the coupe is a much shorter car inside

They’re both renaults of the same age so they share a lot of parts (interior switches/relays. Etc.) the only reason I joined cliosport is because of the similarities between them - I’ve never owned a clio