ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 or mk2 cilo V6

question:

if you were me would you buy a cilo V6 mk1 now or hold on till this time next year and buy a mk2,

how much better is the mk2 over the mk1,

as ive only got 20k and no more to spend what price do you think the mk2s will be goin for in 12 months

cheers:D

know what you mean ^^^^^

had a test drive in a mk1 about a month a go and wanted to get it,

but i think i will wait for a mk2 next year better car imo

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 17 September 2004

You can pick a new MK2 V6 for about £22k (maybe cheaper) if you shop around!

Really, were from, the cheapest ive found so far for a UK supplied car is £23800 from http://www.oneswoop.co.ukwww.oneswoop.co.uk

Id love to know where these sub 22k ones are????:confused:

Oh, and to answer the question. Ive owned both, Mk1 and Mk2, and the Mk2 is the better car but, IMHO, there was something about the Mk1 that made it a more "entertaining" drive.

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 17 September 2004

Oh, and to answer the question. Ive owned both, Mk1 and Mk2, and the Mk2 is the better car but, IMHO, there was something about the Mk1 that made it a more "entertaining" drive.

thats because the Mk1 is the original looney V6. mk2 is more refined, and not as difficult to drive as the mk1.

Everyone says get a MK2 cos there the latest generation! Of course its a better car! LOL and another £10k lol. Would u chose a MK1 Lotus Elise over the New Elise? Not! But u see a mk1 V6 coming along and ur chin will hit the floor in amazement! Like Steve says, its still a great car, and I think u can get one for £15k on autotrader (thats the cheapest one on there!) If I was looking for one, Id be well happy with mk1!

IMO, MK2s will be about £17k for a highish miler in 12 months, but think the MK1 is still going to be the original classic and hold its value pretty well, may drop £13.5K for a middle average condition one in 12 months.

Both awesome what ever u buy!! :cool:

Get a Mk1 now..................the Mk2 is a hairdressers car...................keep your hair on will you..................get it.....hairdresser......hair:D

Actually thats not my opinion it was the senior mechanic at Reno on Tuesday.............I cant really comment cause I havent driven the Mk2.

But Ill say this if you dont have one and you were offered either.................would you take it.................JUST DO IT;)

Cheers Stuart

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Really, were from, the cheapest ive found so far for a UK supplied car is £23800 from http://www.oneswoop.co.ukwww.oneswoop.co.uk

My local dealer! But then I do know someone who works there, which may have helped

get the mk1 now and dont look back. then you can go for a mk2 once you have got the extra money.

is it me or does the mk1 have more road presence?

Had the option of either MK2 Is too tame and not sure where eveyone gets the yare much faster as have yet to see this happen.

I have done three one on quarter mile and other two on road??

Just looked in the back of EVO mag to see what the difference is between the MK1 V6 and the MK2 V6, and

BOTH CARS ARE, 5.8 secs 0-60! :D

It looks like the MK1 was the Actual figure EVO tested at! rather than just Renault Official time as its printed in solid black in the mag for the mk1. I know someone with a MK1 also with timing gear, and does 5.8 secs to 0-60 all the time and its standard! and thats using the proper timing gear, and a stop watch to check. I think the mk2 is heavier, but has 25 bhp more tho?

Should we be arguing if a NEW car is BETTER than an Older car? Seems odd? Isnt it obvious? :p

Mars Red Clio V6 255

the mk1 is 5.8 0-60 from evo mag, but the mk2 has yet to be timed from evo mag, but i should think it would be around 5.5sec.

dont forget the mk1 from renault is around 6.3 so evo got 0.5 of a second off that, so if we apply the same method to the mk2, then we could see the mk2 sub 5.5 which even by supercar standards is still pretty fast.

just a quick question for anyone who has owned both models, does the mk2 feel faster than the mk1?

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 17 September 2004

just a quick question for anyone who has owned both models, does the mk2 feel faster than the mk1?

IMHO, no. Infact, the other way round. Because the Mk1 is "rawer" it feels quicker, but yet again this is only my opinion, the Mk2 is the quicker car. Odd but true!

well i feel it has more road presence as the original. maybe im convincing myself. mk1 is quick enough, if in doubt, go drive one.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 17 September 2004
the mk1 is 5.8 0-60 from evo mag, but the mk2 has yet to be timed from evo mag, but i should think it would be around 5.5sec.dont forget the mk1 from renault is around 6.3 so evo got 0.5 of a second off that, so if we apply the same method to the mk2, then we could see the mk2 sub 5.5 which even by supercar standards is still pretty fast. just a quick question for anyone who has owned both models, does the mk2 feel faster than the mk1?

I have posted exactly this many times. Never had a response to it lol

The difference is the 60-100 times the mk2 does it in about 9 secs and the mk 1 in a whopping 13 secs!

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 18 September 2004

The difference is the 60-100 times the mk2 does it in about 9 secs and the mk 1 in a whopping 13 secs!

Thats odd? Cos the MK1 V6 does 1/4 mile in 14.5 secs as standard! So your saying the MK2 does 1/4 mile in 10.5 secs!??

(u sure its 4 seconds faster up to 100? terminal speed is approx. 100mph on the 1/4 mile, so it should be 4 secs faster on the strip!? I dont think the Pagani Zonda is even that quick on the 1/4 : )

Actually Im talking sh*t:oops:

mk1 is 5.8 and 17.1 to 100

and mk2 is 5.8 and iirc 15.5 to a 100

so 60-100 times are 11.3 for mk1 and 9.7 for mk2

Dont get me wrong everyone has their preference but I am saying this as could have bought either Personally I think the MK2 is Tamer to drive it doesnt have as much road presence and as for the times to 100 how come like stated previously mine has beat three different cars???

Doesnt anyone think it would be good to have a RWYB day?

Anyone fancy Elvington 24th next month!!

Quote: Originally posted by midge on 18 September 2004

the mk1 looks better, the mk2 front is no where near as nice as the mk1

I love them both, but I also prefer the mk1 Looks. It looks amazing from the front, the mk2 looks full of plastic? But BOTH stunning! :)

So would I!!!!!....hey steve I can sell you a ex french impact one for a mere £12k but needs filler and front wheel......;)

Mark 1 Clio V6

Not been on in a while so thought Id voice my opinion.

Both cars have the same road presence, as they are basically the same.

The only thing that lets the mk2 down is all that black plastic on the new front. That IMO makes the mk1 the better looking of the two.

Sure the mk2 is a better drive and quicker, but it is far more refined and I doubt can produce the raw thrill that a mk1 does. You need to know how to drive to handle a mk1, not so much in a mk2.

I think both will become classics, but I fully expect the mk1 to become more sought after, down to its rawness and eventually more limited numbers.

Basically a mk1 is a real enthusiasts car - someone who wants their drive to be challenging.

A mk2 is a faster, heavier, dulled down version of the mk1.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 24 September 2004

Not been on in a while so thought Id voice my opinion.

Both cars have the same road presence, as they are basically the same.

The only thing that lets the mk2 down is all that black plastic on the new front. That IMO makes the mk1 the better looking of the two.

Sure the mk2 is a better drive and quicker, but it is far more refined and I doubt can produce the raw thrill that a mk1 does. You need to know how to drive to handle a mk1, not so much in a mk2.

I think both will become classics, but I fully expect the mk1 to become more sought after, down to its rawness and eventually more limited numbers.

Basically a mk1 is a real enthusiasts car - someone who wants their drive to be challenging.

A mk2 is a faster, heavier, dulled down version of the mk1.
This is all of course your personal opinion as a Mk1 owner, defending your car, good to see.:D

I however prefer my own opinion and my own car, and the opinion of Evo mag. And that is that the Mk2 is the superior model.(y)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Interesting debate, but of scant relevance to those who need to buy a new car with full warranty etc. Mk2 is the only game in town. Id have had a Mk1 like a shot if I could have afforded one at the time, but I couldnt raise the cash.

So for many, Mk1 vs Mk2 is not really a concious choice. You just buy whatever theyre selling at the time. Ditto the 172 as I recall.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I feel the mk2 is what the mk1 should of been,They look a little better,go better and handle better,and also agree with mike above...

ian

Personally I still say that when you have one.......................either one...............then YOU REALLY DO HAVE ONE what a car eh:cool:

Cya Stu

Yaris Hybrid

The news article on the main website says the VX220 is a better car. Its the same price, has the same number of seats and is a lot faster so a no brainer really!