ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Seat removal

Right I have (with the help of Mole) removed the sides uprights of the rear bench from their slots but have the bit holding the rear bench to the bottom of the car still connected, which is situated at the bottom where the seats join. I cant get this out at all!

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I have a Mk1 Ph3.

Thanks

Matt

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Right mate u have really confused me. What part is stuck?!?

The bit of the rear bench u sit on or the bit u leen against?

lol, sorry. Its the rear bench, the bit you lean against.

http://www.neonetonline.co.uk/IM000050_2.JPG

Mole indicated to me that the lever needed to be moved up and down to release the seats, which seems to be fine, although where the seats split there is a bar which at one end is connected to the boot floor and the other end, is connected to the base of the seats backs, this is stuck and I cant remove this.

Hope this is slightly clearer. I can take a picture of the thing joining the seats to the boot floor if needed.

Thanks

Matt

The pic is end on, the RHS is the bottem of the seats, with the padded bit towards the bottem of the of the pic.

The ones in teh pic arent split, but the ones i took outa the RSi were and there was nowt connected to the floor in the middle, just either end

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Its really easy to remove the back bench. On either end are two pieces of metal. U just twist it around and pull the seats and they pop out. took me ages to figure it out when i removed mine. Just two clips at either end.

Right Ive got the backs out now, had to remove a bolt at the bottom of the join of the seats. Do the earlier phases not have support in the middle of the seats?

Right Ive put the rear seats in, finally! lol.

Just the fronts to go, any tips? *Must remember to take airbag/tensioner fuse out*

This had better be bloody worth it! Although the black leather in the back definately looks good.

May need some black seatbelts, if its possible aswell.

just to fill ya in seein as he hasnt, all the seats are in and lookin fine!!! had a bit of trouble with a couple of rounded screws but solved that problem, so its all good.