ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 1.2 - 1.4 engine conversion

CLIO !!
hey, basically i have blew up my engine and have been told i need to get a new engine, im just wonderering wether anyone has ever put a 1.4 16v clio engine into a standard 1.2 8v, if so how difficult is it ? is it a strate swap or is it alot more work that its worth ? thanks...:)

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
basically ul need , engine, ecu keys looms and maybe mounts im not sure between 8v nd 16v but other than that its bsically straight swap ... but if ur going to do that you may aswell go for he 1.6 16v engine as its 110bhp and more tunable. also u may need the pedals if the new engine is fly-by-wire

Insurance would go up a fair amount anyway doing a 1.4 conversion mate. Any car that's had any engine conversion goes up a certain amount anyway iirc.

CLIO !!
i no its not beliveable but i rang them and they told me that my insurance is only going to go up by £37 :) so thats not bad

Evo 8 MR
"Uhh Lewis your supposed to change gear before you hit the limiter"

17 and blown an engine up already, sounds like a special agent.