ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 1.2 16v Remap?

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Hi i know most of you would be thinking what is the point in this.

But i see it as i carnt afford to get insured on (172,182) so 5-10 bhp would still fell a difference.

Decat
Cold air feed
Stripped out- Sub has been removed now.

My Question is Where would be the Best place to get it Remaped Ktec or My nearest RR comany?

SANY0611.jpg
SANY0615.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I can't think of a bigger waste of money on a 1.2. Cosmetic and handling are what you should spend your money on.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
I can't think of a bigger waste of money on a 1.2. Cosmetic and handling are what you should spend your money on.

I no your points and views of this but ive made my mind up on the remap just something different compared to every body doing the same thing.

2.2 bar shed.
Throwing money on the fire will be more noticeable. An extra 6 bhp brings it to what... At most 80bhp? Still deadly slow.

182, GTR, C63
Save the money for a 1.4 or 1.6 next year when you insurance will be cheaper. I wouldnt do power mods to a slower car if you can buy something faster in the first place.

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
All bases covered here really, but even though you are crying out for more power, it's not going to be worth it on such a small engine.

As said save your money till you can afford something that little bit quicker.

Clio 182 arctic
spend the few hundred quid on suspension and brakes. with yours being stripped also, you will be faster than similar sized cars especially in the twisty stuff.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I think most people are missing the point, you pay to have the 1x2's mapped and the actual % gain compared to a 1.2 is tiny!

You can feel a good difference from mapping these BUT it needs to be done on the dyno otherwise you could end up losing power.