ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172/172 Cup track width...

'18 Megane dci
How much wider is the front and rear track on a 172 Cup than on the Mk2 172?

Also, is the track on a 182 Cup any wider than the 172 Cup?

Cheers.

Dave.

Clio 197
ozzyo99 said:
Think its around 10mm at the rear and 20mm at the front, but could be wrong.

All four wheels are the same - therefore some of it was down to the wheels, and the rest down to the hubs (if what you're saying is correct).

Clio 197
^^^

Therefore... there MUST be something different with the front geometry, and not just different wheel offsets!

Damn, I'm good ;)

(ahem, yes I have just repeated myself :eek: )

Last edited:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
This has to be a mega bump lol!
But I'm no sure even now after so many years reading about these cars about the track of the 172 cup.
People say that it has the subframe holes drilled wider to increase the track. This combined with the lower offset wheels should give quite an impressive track gain.
However what about the 182 cup?
On paper I think it has the same track as the 172 cup but the 182 cup Turinis have et45 VS et38 (172 cup) offset.
So either the 182 has a narrower track or it reaches the same track helped by the different hubs?
And what about the subframe? Is the 182 cup subframe the same build as the 172 cup?

Clio182
This has to be a mega bump lol!
But I'm no sure even now after so many years reading about these cars about the track of the 172 cup.
People say that it has the subframe holes drilled wider to increase the track. This combined with the lower offset wheels should give quite an impressive track gain.
However what about the 182 cup?
On paper I think it has the same track as the 172 cup but the 182 cup Turinis have et45 VS et38 (172 cup) offset.
So either the 182 has a narrower track or it reaches the same track helped by the different hubs?
And what about the subframe? Is the 182 cup subframe the same build as the 172 cup?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok so if the ph2 subframes ar all the same according to the thread above, and the wishbone also on the 172 and 182 cups that means the 172 cup still has a wider track due to the wheel offset?
I find this odd

Clio RS 172 2002
I'm in Australia and we never got the 172 Cup, but we got the 172 P2 and the upgraded 172 P2 with ESP. The 172 ESP has increased-camber lower wishbones which I believe were from the 172 Cup. The wishbones are interchangeable and in fact the increased-camber parts have replaced the earlier part (be sure to replace in pairs). The only difference is the lower ball joint mounting hole is a few millimetres forward to increase the camber.