ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 172 esp and cruise

307 hdi (powered by derv)

Quick question,
I pick my 172 mk2 up on wednesday on a o2 plate.

Did all 172s come with Esp(traction control) and cruise control becuase on some websites and ads it doesnt say.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

no i dont honestly think they did, all had esp iirc but not all switchable. I think all had cruise though.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

ok then, do esp make that much difference? not really bothered about cruise control though. My mate has just order a O3 172 second hand and he dhad these. Thats what got me thinking.

Doubt ESP makes that much difference tbh; if you rely on it to drive then youre probably the sort of person whos going to wrap it round a tree anyway:p. ESP came in on 02 plated cars iirc, its only the 51 plate Mk2s that dont have it. As for CC, came in on late 03 plate as mentioned above, I dont miss it, so seldom you actually get to use a function like that on our clogged roads.

Quote: Originally posted by Zebrs on 09 July 2005

Doubt ESP makes that much difference tbh; if you rely on it to drive then youre probably the sort of person whos going to wrap it round a tree anyway:p. ESP came in on 02 plated cars iirc, its only the 51 plate Mk2s that dont have it. As for CC, came in on late 03 plate as mentioned above, I dont miss it, so seldom you actually get to use a function like that on our clogged roads.
ive got a early 53 172 without cruise, it didnt come in till near the end of the 172 life....

I have an 04 53 plate, has Cruise Control, Speed limiter, ESP etc.

From research before i bought mine i gathered they didnt come in until mid 2003