ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Filters

Hey everyone, was just wandering if anyone has or knows of any good replacement filters over the standard paper one??

i amnt realy looking for an induction kit due to the noise of them, however was thinking of replacing the standard filter with the likes of a green or k+n.

Cheers for any replies.

Jonathan

Renault Laguna Coupe

Spot on Fred. Yes I have the PiperX panel filter. Got it from Demon Tweeks, about £30 I think. Makes no difference to the noise at all as far as I can tell. Power? Well my quarter mile times are not too shabby for a Mk2, but the rolling road day might tell us more. I very much doubt whether it would make much difference on its own though.

One benefit of these filters though is that they are re-usable. You just give it a good wash in soapy water every now and again, dry it out and give it a good squirt of the oil that comes with it. Saves a few quid every service, so youll be in profit on the deal after 2 services.

Thanks guys for the replies- think i will order a piperx one today then. Now just to find a place to fit it! (joke)