ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

** Mk2 172 Insurance at 20 ?

N/A
Hi, just wondering if anybody is around 20 on this site that has a Mk2 172 (the 'newer' shape like 182) and how much are you paying for insurance?

What are the running costs of 172's like?

Are they reliable?

What insurance group?

I probably wont even look into getting one til at least feb next year (then I'll be 21 with 3 years no claims) but I'm just curious?

And don't worry, I'm not a bloody boy-racer chav! lol, I know a bit about 'cars' and am an enthusiast.

Cheers, nice site btw :approve:

Last edited:
  255 V6 Black Gold
insurance has gone up, it wont be that cheap i dont think

currently with elephant (who i have found to be the cheapest around)

i am paying 1500 for the year. I am 22 with 2 years no claims, but no accidents or convictions.

Bare in mind i own a cup, so the lack of abs etc may be a factor why its higher.

Running costs can vary really.

I have not had to fix anything yet (touch wood)

Petrol wise i fill up every week with vpower. costs about £36 to fill.

I can get 260 miles out of a tank, this is normal driving, bit of booting it here and there. but more imporatantly its stopping and starting the car about 6 times a day. If i was just to turn it on go to work, then come home i could easily get 350 miles.

but i am constanlty going out of work for dinner etc, then to the misses after work, gym, football etc.

i did get mine when i was 20.

Make sure you add your mother as a named driver on your policy. As long as she has a lot of no claims, been driving for ages and is over 40 then it will knock a good 300 - 400 off your quote. Still to this day dont know why, but its tried and tested.

good luck! you wont regret it!

im 20, 21 in march. pay 1670 fc in my name with parents and the gf also 20 on there. clean sheet too. car valued at 7k with 10k miles a year and 1 years ncb. with elephant by the way.

running costs i get about 36-40 mpg daily and then on long runs about 45-46 mpg.

N/A
thats awesome, thanks for the response guys. looks like I may well be able to afford one next year *touch wood*. As long as I could get over 30mpg with just 'normal' driving that would be fine.

is it possible you could edit your posts to say what insurance companies the quotes are from? I can try them myself then!

thanks again

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Greenlight, 22, 1 years no claims, 12k, paying just under a grand.

Live near enough in London tho, so crappy postcode does me no favours.

Chocolate Bar™
My mk1 172 is costing me 1300 at 21 with 0NCB and few mods declared. Thats on a car valued at 5k ish