ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Insurance

Just got quoted £809 fully comp in my mums name through elephant! Good deal or should I ring around some more? Liverpool Victoria wouldnt quote with me as an additional driver?

Will I get a better quote elsewhere?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well as a reference, im 24 with 4 years NCB and 7 points for an IN10.. i got

£780 Fully Comp from tesco

VW Potato

time for me to shop around - Im 31, thirteen years NCB, low risk area....£680 fully compo doodle doo.

g

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by SoLow on 03 March 2003

whats an IN10? never heard of that one
Driving without insurance.. but it was an honest mistake and the judge accepted it as an honest mistake.. so i didnt get a ban, only 7 points.

Laguna 2, Westfield

Quote: Originally posted by Carlouk on 03 March 2003

Just got quoted £809 fully comp in my mums name through elephant! Good deal or should I ring around some more? Liverpool Victoria wouldnt quote with me as an additional driver?

Will I get a better quote elsewhere?
Depends on your circumstances really to whether you will get a better quote, as most insurers wont insure young drivers <25 cheaply on cars over group 12 if it is to be in your parents name.

They know its obvious that the young driver will use it more.

How old are you if you don;t mind me asking ? and how many years ncb do you have to use on the policy.

Ive been getting quotes doing what you are doing and got about £1000 FC with elephant, no one else will get near that with me on the policy as a named driver. -

Im only 20 though, if i was 21(pretty soon) i can insure a williams in my own name for about the same price as i have 2yrs ncb. ahhhhh