ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 on 17

Looking to fit a set of sexy 17" MasItaly VT5s. Will I need to lower in order to set the rims off or will they look good with the standard suspension set-up? Dont want to lose the current ride quality.....

Silver Fabia vRS

I think you will need to lower it as the car will sit higher up on 17" alloys. I am going to be doing this in a few weeks....17" alloys on and lowering 30mm on Eibach springs. The part number for the Eibachs, if you want it, is 10750010122 and the RRP is £116.67.

You are going to loose ride quality simply by putting 17" on because of the lower profile tyres.

Geoff

i am away to lower my 172 this weekend, ive bought gmax springs that will lower the car 25mm all round. the springs cost £75. ive also had a set of 17" tsw zenons on my clio for the last 5 months. it sits slightly higher but its not too bad. i will post pics on the site a.s.a.p you can see my car in the gallery under mark from aberdeen.