ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 rear wheels rubbing....

Hi there peeps, Fitted some 17" OZ Titans to my girlfrields car a few weeks back now. They are fitted with 205/40/17 Toyo T1-S's. All seemed fine until there were two people in the back and the drivers side rear was rubbing. On closer inspection the arch lip is not rolled on that side of the car. The passenger side is. The alloys came off a friends car, she also has a Clio but a mk2 1.4 dynamique, neither of her two arches are rolled. There was no rubbing on her car. So my problem is, should the 172 have rolled arches? The whole wheel seems to be slighly further out on that side too. I'm thinking that this side of the car may have had a bump at some point in its life and the quater panel has been replaced with at standard clio panel. The tyre is rubbing on the outside of the sidewall, you can see the score marks on the sidewall.

What do you all think? Has anyone had this before. As far as I know the offsets for the wheels are all the same. What is the offset for the Clios and is it different for a 172?

Thanksfor your time.

Tim

Mégane RS
angle grinder lol, if the one wheel comes out more check alloy offset, tyre load maybe 89v or whatever it is

clio 172
check it aint rubbing on one of the screw heads that hold the the inner arch on at the back to the bumper. mine was doing exactly the same on the same side.

I've got the car all day tomorrow so if it doesn't snow then hopefully i will get to the bottom of this. Has anyone had chance to look at their rear arches yet?

Half stripped mk2 172
Loony is right, you got the wrong offset there mate, your wheels are sticking out too much. 172 have a wider track than 1.2 or 1.4.

Vince

Took them off yesterday and the offset for them all is ET37. The only difference i can see is that the left hand arch has been rolled and the right seems to be standard. I've had a look for this tap and can't see it. I've just been doing some tyre size calculations and really the tyres should be 205/35/17 to give the best match to the std tyres. In other words they have a bigger diameter which wont be helping matters. What offset are other people running on their 172's?