ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 Silver Dial Surrounds

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Gaz2130,

I have been following your "purchase" with interest and have this far not said much, I am planning on buying a 172 from motorpoint in a few months.

If I was in your situation I would be speaking the MD of Motorpoint and Renualt UK.

I wouldnt accept the car as it is, you know even if you could live with it as it is (although you stated it looks bland, which it probably does) the first question asked when comming to sell it is "why doesnt it have the silver dials"

If I was buying a 172 privately and saw it without the decals I would walk away straight away. Seriously !

Dont accept the car even although you have waited so long !

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive spoken to them and the car is going to be ready next week and i have arranged a date and time with them. I am going to take the car (subject to an inspection by myself to ensure everything else is in place that should be), and i am going to get the dials changed by Renault regardless of whether i have to pay for them or not. I am going to a Renault dealer tommorow and am going to give them the Chassis Number to take a look at, and find out how much the dials are going to be etc and if it is possible to change them. Im not prepared to wait any longer for this car as realistically i have been waiting since the plate change on the 1st September.

Gaz 2130

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz

Are you sure that the dials in the car you are buying are different to the standard ones?

I cant imagine someone taking out the glass etc just to change over the surrounding bit of trim, which I think is really plastic, finished to look like brushed aluminium or whatever it is supposed to resemble.

It probably only costs about £1.50 anyway!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i am 100% sure they are different, and whatsmore different to anything i have ever seen before, they have no silver on them at all, not red markings at all, just plain grey dials with a grey plastic surround and all markings and needles in plain white.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

PS GirlRacer, im not just on about the surround, the whole dial unit itself is completely different.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Gaz

Yours is obviously much newer than the rest of ours, so perhaps they are slightly different now, just like the Mk2 dials etc are different to the Mk1 172.

Just a thought!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i will take a digital image of them when i pick it up early next week and you can all see what i mean!!