ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 clio..fitting fog lights - advice needed..

clio mk2
hiya, . looking to get a set of front fogs for my mk2 1.2 clio. at the moment i just have blanks on.

what do i have to do to fit them? will there be connectors already there or something? i dont seem to have a front fog option on my indicator stalk, so it set me off thinking there may be involved than just plugging them in!

any advice much appreciated!

ALSO... id quite like to put these headlights on mine.. will they fit? if so.. how much am i looking at second hand? thanks guys.
mk2172.jpg

Williams
The loom should have a connector for the Foggies. When i installed them, i took them out of the previous car in a scrapyard, so it was easy for me to know how they went back in. You need the loom that goes between the two fog lights and then that will connect into somewhere near one of the headlights. You may also need a relay for the fuseboard. And possibly a new stalk, (if thats where the Fog switch is?)

I did it on a Mk1, so i could be wrong but theyre all pretty similar.

Lots of Alfas
I had a Clio Grande, the loom wasnt there for the foglights. I bought some second hand foglights, wired them to the battery with a fuse and just run a relay off the sidelights with a remote switch. Its a lot of effort for something thats never used.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
As said just whack them in and don't worry about wiring them up.

If you really want to, use a relay so they only come on with your full beams. Then you wont have to worry about turning them on or off, but will give you good vision on back roads and when no one is in front of you.

The headlights are called dual optic headlights and there is a good guide in the guides section.

Clio Dynamique
I have a mk2 ph1 MTV with just blanks on atm, will there be anything behind the blanks to hold the fog lights in place? I know it sounds bit stupid lol! Think i might prob get a garage to fit em 4 me, prob easiest option :D

I found some quite cheap on eBay 23 quid each:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-MK2-98-01-FRONT-FOG-LIGHT-LAMP-N-S-NEW_W0QQitemZ300301055440QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item300301055440&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A200

Any help appreciated, Thanks

Last edited:
  Clio Dynamique
I know i prob sound reli daft, but how do you get the plate off? Do i need to get behind the bumper? Thanks 4 ya help, appreciate it loadz! :D

Clio Dynamique
It was quite easy to get the plates off, looks pretty straight forward as the holes for the screws are ready behind the plates. I will prob take it to the garage to get them wired up though :eek:. Just gotta find some lights with their surrounds to go in now!

clio mk2 2000
Hi.

I just bought a set off eBay for 30 pound. It had part if the wires with it

I just wired them directly to the battery and added a switch onto where the scroll bit is for dipping your headlights. Simple. ;)

I have one question tho. Does anyone know what size of light bulbs they take lol. I know the normal headlights are h4 but what's the these for the fog lights

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
ALSO... id quite like to put these headlights on mine.. will they fit? if so.. how much am i looking at second hand? thanks guys.
mk2172.jpg

Yes they fit. You'll have to split the earth when routing wires from the H4 connector, other than that it's plug 'n' play, and put a fuse in a slot on the fusebox to keep the dipped headlights on when using full beam. There's a full guide for CS Members.

Prices for a second hand set of Dual Optic headlights is ~£60.

clio dci , ren8
Looks like your going to be disappointed Mike , if you look in the fuse board on the side of the dash you rill see a front fog symbol if there are no contacts for a fuse your out of luck :dapprove: