ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio servicing

Hello, i picked up a 99 1.4 clio as my first car a few months back. From what i can see the last service was done at 46k (around two years ago), which was a major one, and the one before at 42k says it was a major also. I'm unsure of what work has been done during these. At the moment the car is at 53k. So i'm thinking an A service would be appropriate?

Also, what are the rough prices for A/B services from non renault garages?
As from what i understand renault can be expensive on the servicing/repairs, The renualt website is quoting me £125 for an A service.

Thanks chaps.

I can't tell what has been done on the major services, all i have is a stamp in the book and the mileage the service was done at. I can only assume that the appropriate belt was changed during the major services at 42/46k (timing belt?). But there is no real way i can find out.

RB 200 Cup!
is there perhaps a way of chekcing with reno? assuming it was reno delaership that did the servicjng - perhaps they may have a record of what was done

I'm not sure if the two major services were done at Renault. The previous ones were, but the stamp for the major ones do not say Renault. I shall have to see if I can investigate matters when i get home. I'm assuming that due to the age of the car, all the belts should have been changed? This would be the timing and cam belt?

RB 200 Cup!
I'm not sure if the two major services were done at Renault. The previous ones were, but the stamp for the major ones do not say Renault. I shall have to see if I can investigate matters when i get home. I'm assuming that due to the age of the car, all the belts should have been changed? This would be the timing and cam belt?

yep - mind you i bought my ph1 - was told belts had been done but no evidence of it - so had em done anyways - turned out they hadnt been done

I've had a look through what service history i have. And i found a reciept for the service at 48k (from a non renault garage). From what i can see (the writing is fairly illegible) it cost £400 but i can see no mention of belts. I'm beginning to think neither of them have been done.
However, they should be done at 72k/5 years on my 1.4 i believe. Realistically am i in imminent danger of the engine exploding? It's just shy of 54k at the mo. Are the two belts cheaper to replace in the 1.4 vs the 172/182?

If it turns out to be 4-500+ i'm not going to be pleased. At the moment i'm more inclined to wait a while.