ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio V6

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Has anybody driven one yet. Even better has anyone ever driven a mk1 and a mk2.

Would like to know about the driving experiences of both.

Im gonna go into a dealer and request a test drive of the mk2 soon.

Paul

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

im on the waiting list

still havent heard anything

just a letter saying "we will keep you up to date"

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it was me!! it was on trade plates on the m1

it has 255bhp

I have a friend who works in a dealership so he is trying to pull some strings for me.

A mk1 can now be had for less than 20k brand new.

Tempting, but I get the idea I should wait for a mk2 if Im gonna do it.

Paul

320d M Sport

Absolutely, the Mk2 looks awesome. But then......... so does the Mk1. I cant afford either anyway. DAMN

Paddy

October next year before they are available apparently - according to Jeremy Townsend on the Renault stand at the Motor Show last week.

Hopefully trading in the 1600 16V for a second hand Mk 1 V6 next year - Belfast dealer here has one in at the mo - either that or the new R-Sport Megane 2.0 16v Turbo which should kill the V6 Mk1 or 2..............

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

eh? i put my name down on the waiting list at press day and they wouldnt let me sit in it!!!

you bloody jammy gits

Silver Fabia vRS

Perks of knowing someone at Renault Tom.

Anyone got any specs on the Megane Renaultsport? I know its a 2.0 16v Turbo pushing over 200bhp....but I doubt itll be a V6 eater!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i know it runs the 2.0l turbo engine from the vel-satis (megane)

Well I prefer the mk1, but the mk2 has been sorted out suspension and engine wise (basically what the mk1 should have been!)

Pity about the front tho. And I dont think the mk2 face will ever grow on me.

Paul