ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Golf

Rb 182
Stick a VR6 in and enjoy it!!

^This^

Lack of power and Auto box is what has failed to impress you. :dapprove:

I really dunno what to do with it. I fell into having it and as i did stuff to it its what i thought i wanted. Low and slow etc. Quickly realised that its not what i want. I keep seeing nice mk2's and think "mines could look like that if i just spend a little more". I just dunno. Swapping in a better engine plus manual box would make it better, but then would come the need for better sus and brakes.

Overall i'm still in two minds with what to do with it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Your racelands would cope well with a vr6 son. The brakes that currently struggle to stop it at parking speed probably less so. If money wasnt the issue it currently is then I'd say bam or v it but wrong time IMO.

Rb 182
I'd love to stick a bam or a v6 in it but tbh i cant afford it all. Maybe i should stick it away up on mums drive for a bit

Rb 182
Doubt I'll do that. Selling it off would get me some nice things for the flamer. I don't really need 4 cars so should just bite the bullet and get it in bits.

Rb 182
That's the mk2 gone. Sold it to a guy pretty local to me. He's got a nice bora, a few mk2's and alot of vw history. He's looking at swapping in a Vr or a 1.8t so I'm happy it's gone to a good home.

Rb 182
Finally mate!

Tell me about it. If it wasnt a auto it would have gone plenty times over.

Happy days! Now get that f**king Ph1 on the road :D

Thats the plan. Got some bits and bobs to do, suppose i better start seeing as i also sold the wifes Mk4 today. ooops, no car for her to drive.

At least it didn't get stripped and weighed in. :)

Thast what the guy said, he was a total mk2 buff. offered less than what i wanted and i said na, ill just split it and scrap it. He said that it was too good to do that. He's since text me saying that he's sorning it, finishing his Vr conversion on his other then start on this one. He was happy to save it from Daltons.