ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Golf

Rb 182
Congrats on the MOT Dave. thats alot of worry out the way.

Are you coming to any shows in it?

£3.5k ouch!! :(

Not sure what shows there are about tbh, anything down your way as me and the wife were thinking about taking a run down to my Aunts whos down Manc way.

£3.5k is just jokes ;) More like £10.5k

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
money is irrelivant tbh, mine owes me more than it will ever be worth.
there is vw northwest at tatton park in a few weeks time

Im refrianing from voicing my opinion because I dont want to put Dave down RE: money.

I hope the end result is s**t hot :) If you want any knowledge on how to make it quicker for cheap then let me know x

Rb 182
Im refrianing from voicing my opinion because I dont want to put Dave down RE: money.

I hope the end result is s**t hot :) If you want any knowledge on how to make it quicker for cheap then let me know x
It's a 1.6 auto. It doesnt need to be any quicker, blows the doors off most cups (in the twisties too) :race:

Does it really matter what he spent on it?

Money is irrelevant.... Car looks great!

Cheers guys. A long standing joke about this car and money, its all lies, cost a lot less then i've said. Still a fair bit as i've replaced/repaired quite a few bits though.

Rb 182
Quick update:

Had it on the road since the start of the month and really enjoying it.

Did my last mod i think before i go a bit lower.
Before
DSC00325.jpg

During
DSC00326.jpg

After
DSC00329.jpg

Much better
DSC00324.jpg

Put my rear badge on now that i've painted it black
DSC00328.jpg

A pic of it out and about a about and one with my mk4.
DSC00332.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Really happy bar some waterloss and overheating issues, really hope its not the headgasket, but if it is then that'll be getting done shortly.

Rb 182

Cheers mate.

Currently sitting outside the house feeling sorry for itself, i should have changed the HG when i put the new water pump in but noooooooo! Stupid car, forgetting about it for a few days till i'm not annoyed at it. Currently rocking around in John's dad's Rover 4fail6. Its got no clutch at all, but for some reason i love it :quiet:

Rb 182
Just a few pics since i've done the HG. Just happy to have it rolling again.

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00420-1.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

:)

Still need to have a mess about with the suspension get it sitting bob on.

Rb 182
Shiney shiney

DSC00435.jpg

Freshly machined. Young cal did a fantastic job on it, considering the age and condition of the paint top lad!!

Rb 182
I'd take a K for it. Its a cracking car for the cash. So many new bits. top end rebuild. Go on tommy you know you want it ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I honestly would mate as it's beaut but I've literally just bought the missus car after selling mine today. It's an Frp. Cleaned it all up today and I'll post pics up in general automotive later mate.