ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Interior Fitting Guide

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Finally the guide has been completed (hopefully!) If there are any issues, please let me know!

Click on the pics to enlarge them in a new window.

The rear seats are easy to change. Firstly take out the base (which is very easy) and then remove the black bar in the boot with a 13mm socket.

100_0448tn.jpg

You can now get to the bolt holding the seat back in. Undo the bolt that is closest to the back, then you may have to loosen the front bolt.

100_0449tn.jpg

Lift the sides out of the guides and slide the seat towards the boot. Refitting is just a reversal, but before you do that swap the rear side cards over whilst you have the space.

100_0458tn.jpg

To change the rear doorcards

100_0455tn.jpg

unbolt both the rear seatbelt

100_0456tn.jpg

and the front one,

100_0523tn.jpg

(pic coming soon, but you have to undo the bolt in the black bar, raise it to vertical and wiggle it out) then carefully prise the card off having already removed the speaker or at least the wiring.

The front doorcards are a little more complicated. On my mk2 ph1 I actually needed to extend the electric window switch wires by about 4 inches. Firstly remove the speaker cover then the speaker and then the window switches. Next remove the screw holding the handle on and remove the cable from it. Remove the grab handle screw and pull this out. You then have to remove the bit of plastic running up to the top of the door at the rear and pull off the plastic that cover the mirror mountings. Now undo the four screws at the bottom of the door. The only things holding the panel on are a few plastic clips and very sticky black stuff. Gently pull the panel away from the door and cut the black stuff away. Again its just a reversal for fitting the new one. There is a comprehensive guide of this at http://www.fubarnet.com/door_cards.html thanks to Dan (fUbAr) so there is no point me repeating all of that!

100_0492tn.jpg

There are 2 ways to remove the front seats, one is to go underneath the car and undo the 4 bolts that hold the subframe in and the other is described here.

The front seats are daunting but easy enough. Firstly disconnect the battery and wait for at least 5 minutes and undo the wires underneath the seats,

100_0500tn.jpg

then remove the plastic side covers at each side of the seat

100_0495tn.jpg

at the base of the seat using a torx socket to undo the screw and push them towards the front of the car. Unscrew the handbrake surround with the same torx socket and lift this over the handbrake to allow better access.

100_0501tn.jpg

Remove the seat belt holder/pretensioner

100_0502tn.jpg

so you can see all the bolts underneath the pretensioner. Then remove the wire running from the seat to the subframe that operates the lift function

100_0497tn.jpg

On one side there are 2 bolts and the other side there are 3 bolts

100_0508tn.jpg

so just undo all of these and the seat will come out leaving the subframe in the car.

100_0505tn.jpg

100_0510tn.jpg

Put the new seat in and gradually tighten up the bolts going round to opposite bolts so they are not lopsided. Then just put the seatbelt holder back in place reconnecting the wires and the seat lift cable and refit the plastic covers.

100_0516tn.jpg

100_0514tn.jpg

Any questions then just ask away but please remember this is just a guide and I cant take any responsibility for breakages, c**k ups and loss of limbs!

Thanks to Johnny for the beer involved in the making of this guide and to Dan (fUbAr) for the doorcard guide. You can see the rest of his site at http://www.fubarnet.com/index.html

John

Lots of Alfas
Good guide John.

Can we have this in the aricles section?

It might be worth mentioning the wiring for the seats is different for mk2ph1s and mk2ph2s. The ph2s have 1 big connector that u have to work out which 2 wires is for the pretensioners.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Actually what I could do is add in that your best swapping the pretensioners around so that you keep your original ones in. Once there are a few suggestons I'll add things in and then send it to admin if they want it. Cheers Dave

RS Megane DCi 175
Good work! I used this guide when swapping my interior over and it was a breeze! (apart from the connectors lol)

I found it easier to unscrew the bolts holding the seats underneath the car and simply put the new seats in their place. But I suppose it depends on what parts you get with your new interior.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah it quite possibly is easier for some people, and I think I would try that next time I do it but this way seems to work fine and doesnt take me that long anymore!!

Whats up with the connectors Matt? Just the ph1 to ph2?

Recaro Black Gold 182
I used this guide a few days ago and it helped loads, cheers John, also like john said its far easier just to swap your pre-tensioners over, rather than fiddling around with re-wiring.

Mégane RS
i changed the floor carpeting when i did mine, can do a guide to add on if anyone wants it

RS Megane DCi 175
EvilJohn said:
Whats up with the connectors Matt? Just the ph1 to ph2?

Well I fitted a 182 interior to my '02 dynamique so they're both ph2's?
I think it was the way the 182 seats were removed from a written off 182. The guy snipped the wires leading from the car to the connector. So to fit these to mine I had to disconnect the connectors and fit mine. I'm not even sure what the connector is lol but I saw my seats had them so figured I should hook them up. The problem was the part with the red clip in it and figuring out how to release the clip. Once I got it, it was easy after that!

Recaro Black Gold 182
The connectors are for your airbags if you unconnect them your airbag SERV light will come on.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Chorley, there are connectors for airbags and belt pretensioners and on the driver side for the sensor to detect if the belt is buckled in.

Matt, yeah think your right, depends how its been taken out.

Vinny go for it :)

Cutehomoboi, cheers, Im gonna finalise it then ask admin about it.

Chocolate Bar™
im struggling like crap to get the error lights to go off in my 1.2 after installing 182 seats. me and has cut the connectors off my cars wiring (so the 182 seats are still intact) but using resistors hasnt worked - probably due to how we tried wiring it up.

have been told from an auto-electrician that if we kept the connector blocks he could sort it that way. so thats a valuable lesson to remember lmao - as i now have to take the bulbs out of the dash

doesnt help that renault dont do standard colour wiring diagrams :banghead:

RS Megane DCi 175
Well everything works in mine (fingers crossed I'll never have to test it tho lol) - no service lights / warning lights etc.
Middo - I'm afraid I had the connector blocks still attached to the 182 seats so I was able to remove the cut cable which ran to the 182 leaving the end attached to the seat still intact. Then dismantled the clip, removed the 182 cable and attached the connector to the dynamique ones.
This sounds well complicated! lol It's not but it was a pain to dismantle the block connector.
Fortunately for me (unfortunate for you middo lol) I didn't have to do any wiring!

The Beast MK4
Told ye not to include the lowrider pose and in car shock photo johnny boy! lol

Im available for model work btw folks! ;)