ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH1 1.2 Grande - My First Car

Titanium 182
Tidy example mate, looks good so far, I got mine on steelies, first thing I did was spray them black so they didn't look rusty and unwanted and hunted down a set of alloys, makes a huge difference, good to see this is going the right way.

cheers man im going to keep an eye out for a set or turbines for my ph1

Ive always wanted some turbines but always been skint when some have popped up, i had some spending money and typed 'renault alloys' on ebay these were the third one down haha just loved them when i saw them

Mk2 phase one cilo
they do suit clios and its different from the usual halford specials you see on clios, there was a set of turbines on ebay a few weeks ago for £140 with good tyres buy it now I wish it was after Christmas when I would have the money

Just a snazy pic, should be getting some lower spings next month

2013-12-30122703copy.jpg

Mk2 phase one cilo
well the car passed with only one advisory sorry I havnt had a chance to update this as I have being spending all my time driving now haha

drop it 60mm get some centre caps for the alloys and do them the same blue as the car.

did you not fit projection headlamps?

have you got a photo of the rear of the car from a slight distance?

I made a quick thread the other day with some pics, forgot to put them on here.

Got some centre caps, im going to wait till after winter to refurb them, the lights had broke inside, havnt got round to doing them yet and lowering is coming after ive fixed the car ive got a problem with it starting :(

5une2e8y.jpg

qa3u3ydu.jpg

udaqadur.jpg

They look quite cool in silver. How did you do the tyres?

Just put 'tyre pen' into ebay, its like a waterproof marker, just coloured in the toyo bits on my tyres, takes a while though. Not sure if i like them now but i'll just have to live with it now till it eventually comes off haha

Clio Ph2 1.2
Hey man! Loving the 172, new alloys are sick! Just got a Mk2 Ph2 as my first car and am wanting to do a few small mods to it soon! I was just wondering where did you insure your car 1st time round? Cheapest I can get is near enough £1800 unless I get a blackbox but not the biggest fan of them as the car then has to be factory standard, cheers! :cool:

Hey man! Loving the 172, new alloys are sick! Just got a Mk2 Ph2 as my first car and am wanting to do a few small mods to it soon! I was just wondering where did you insure your car 1st time round? Cheapest I can get is near enough £1800 unless I get a blackbox but not the biggest fan of them as the car then has to be factory standard, cheers! :cool:

Just a PH1 1.2 this mate, i also had to go down the black box route on my first year, it was around £1600, but came down to about £1400 after good driving discounts. I now pay about £770 with aviva with all mods declared.

Clio Ph2 1.2
Just a PH1 1.2 this mate, i also had to go down the black box route on my first year, it was around £1600, but came down to about £1400 after good driving discounts. I now pay about £770 with aviva with all mods declared.
Thanks alot man, cheers for the help :race:

Never thought I'd do this but, 40mm all round should do the trick, to many speed bumps round here for anything more, might have to take the splitter of for these

6ypatu7y.jpg

So I went for the 40/40 springs, fronts need a little more settling in time but the backs are just how i wanted them, i only wanted to fill the arch gap. I think it looks quite nice though. :)

csmay1.jpg

may3.jpg

may2.jpg

P5310187.jpg

Last edited:
  BG 182
So I went for the 40/40 springs, fronts need a little more settling in time but the backs are just how i wanted them, i only wanted to fill the arch gap. I think it looks quite nice though. :)

Slightly OT, but is that Uttoxeter racecourse?

TT QS
Lovely little car. Not feeling the white wheels but I'm not a fan of white in general. Nice work though

yjuze2e2.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with how these came out, love the colour its BMW sparkling graphite and looks like its got a hint of dark purple as a fleck. Love them :)

All nice and clean for Cliosport Saturday.

PSX_20140812_214052-1.jpg

Wheels sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant, makes them so shiny.

IMG_20140812_140400984.jpg

and sprayed these to match the wheels :)

IMG_20140807_182442834.jpg

Last edited:
So my little clio thread sadly comes to an end, if anyone wants to buy him in a standard state its for sale in the cars for sale section.

it looks like this now...
1.jpg

i've moved on to something a little more powerful and got this....

car-1.jpg

Last edited: