ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1/ph2 side strips

Clio mk2 phase 2
Probably an easy one for you here, can the door side strips from a mk2 ph2 clio be used on the mk2 ph1 clio doors?
I think the ph2 ones look smarter (engine size badge at the front of side strip rather than a few inches back).
Is this and easy job to swap them? Can they fit straight onto the mk2 ph1 doors? Any help much appreciated!

Ian

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yes but i think it depends on the age of your ph1, as some require you to drill new holes or make the holes bigger for the strips to fit

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
They're not interchangable on pre 2000 models iirc.

Take your strip off and if looks like this
IMGP1128.jpg

rather than this
DSC00168.jpg

you'll struggle.

Petrol Blue 182.
i want to know that too was thinking of smoothing my indicator as the mk3 sides hve them in the strip, i think the strip in front of the rear arch is to small for the indentation of the metal on the ph2 and ph1 tho

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
i want to know that too was thinking of smoothing my indicator as the mk3 sides hve them in the strip, i think the strip in front of the rear arch is to small for the indentation of the metal on the ph2 and ph1 tho
Someone has fit mk3 strips to their mk2 ph2. Think it's a inferno rep.