ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 ph1 to 172 conversion

I went ahead and got some ph1 172 bumpers from p@blo on here trying to fit them today and they just won't fit I'm having a complete nightmare are these suppose to be a straight swap or am I missing a crucial flaw here? They just won't sit right on the car it keeps leaving a massive gap between the top of the bumper and the drivers head light? I have all the wings in place just the front bumper is being a pig

Any help or advice? Really struggling here

Cheers

Nick

225 Cup & Williams
Your going to need the sport front wings as well mate as they are flared out more compared to the standard clio arches.

Lol sorry guys been out all weekend been posting from the iPhone im at a computer now so here are the pics I have :)

The problematic gap! :mad:
View attachment 56196

The side that fits fine
View attachment 56197

The panels before they where sprayed and fitted
View attachment 56195

After I fitted the bumper and thought f*ck it im not moving it now
View attachment 56194

Test fit
View attachment 56193

Stripped ready for panels
View attachment 56192

The problematic side once more
View attachment 56198

Cheers

Nick

Evo 6, E92 320d
Loosen the other side and just tap both sides until there is an even gap on each, a well fitting renault is witchcraft imo.

Well me and my dad manufactured 2 brackets as they are different mouting points to the original bumper so I have 2 of the positioned under the grill section of the bumper so it would be hard to adjust. Also the side its not fitting on is a side I had an accident in with a landrover and it bent some of the metal behind the wing so im assuming that would have alot to do with things? I just wanted some words of advice really before tweaking things.

Cheers

Nick

Well me and my dad manufactured 2 brackets as they are different mouting points to the original bumper so I have 2 of the positioned under the grill section of the bumper so it would be hard to adjust. Also the side its not fitting on is a side I had an accident in with a landrover and it bent some of the metal behind the wing so im assuming that would have alot to do with things? I just wanted some words of advice really before tweaking things.

Cheers

Nick

Heres the brackets...

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg