ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph2 172 rear bumper on ph1 none 172

A number of clios
as anyone done this?? does it fit and hows the fit im looking for a different back bumper for my ph1 1.6 and quite like the ph2 172 bumper if its not a good fit ill just stick to the normal ph2 bumper i no these fit ok

p3rcy1 said:
as anyone done this?? does it fit and hows the fit im looking for a different back bumper for my ph1 1.6 and quite like the ph2 172 bumper if its not a good fit ill just stick to the normal ph2 bumper i no these fit ok

think u need to speak to a guy called HAS.............me thinks :cool:

Monaco Blue Mk2
Saner's is a 1.4 Day I think but either way it's irrelavent! Haven't you got a ph2 172 rear on yours Day? If so fitting would be the same, sport or non sport. A ph2 172 will fit exactly the same as a non sport Ph2. They will fit you just need to drill a couple of holes as they don't line up. Do it mate.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Yep I've done it, the holes don't line up under the boot hatch, but everything else does. Pretty much a straight swap.

Could be a straight fit, Saner asked me if I had to drill holes because he did but I never had too.

My car is a late Mk1 172 so it has a few bits from the mk2 on it - it's a bit weird and a nightmare getting the right parts sometimes!

Here's mine:

psprear3.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
I find with my 182 bumper, everything lines up fine but the very edges of the bumper don't come into line with the wing quite right and just stick out a little bit. That may just be the way it was fitted though...

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Hey guys, on my Mk2 Ph1 1.4 I had to drill holes and the lower support holes don't line up by about an inch. Can take pic if needed

Ph1 Sport
Is it safe to drill holes straight away?

I am worried that the bumper might crack...

Cheers, Baz.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I did it by hand and very carefully, surporting the bumper in amyway that I could, have no problems since as far as im aware!