ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Ph2 Bodywork Questions

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
Hi i will be purchasing a 1.6 16v Dyanmique soon (would love 2.0 but cant afford insurance side) and well basically this is the colour i will be getting:

61_-23072464.jpg

61_-1873295481.jpg

Now...my question is, i like the bumpers/sidestrips/sideskirts/cup spoiler on the 172/182's, do they come in this colour or would i have to get them and spray them and will they fit the dynamique?

I.E The Bodywork on this:
00_-53030731.jpg

00_318427120.jpg

This type of rear bumper (so i can fit the dual exhaust)

000419.jpg

I have had a MK1 so starting to learn about this model.

Thanks

E60 diesel powah
if u buy the bumpers from reno u'l get raped and i think they come primerd!

however yes they will fit :)

my 1.2

L1010373.jpg

L1010362.jpg

Mods -

172 Front Bumper
172 Back Bumper
172 Replica Side Skirts
172 Upper Grill
Bra
Cup Spoiler
172 Steering Wheel
Xenons
FK Coilovers
15inch Euro Alloys - RH Classics in Kawasaki Green
Magnex Twin 3.5 Zorst
Straight through center section
K&N Induction Kit
German Plates

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
Nice one! being black i take it that it was a straight swap over as ive seen the cups in black but not this blue :( Im sure i would be able to get some good condition ones on here and get them sprayed, but does anyone know how much im looking to get all the items i said sprayed for? obviously i would be looking for a professional job, nicely sprayed and laquered.

Here is something i just quickly put together in PS

Original:
photoshop16002.png

After!

photoshop1600.png

E60 diesel powah
PM combine, his is the exact same colour as urs nautical blue?, and hes done the same, mint example

1.4 Maxim (Breaking!)
I came across his album, is this her? Yeah i think the colour is Nauticle Blue, but this ones colour looks different :S

DSC02426_edited_small.jpg

DSC02432_edited_small.jpg

DSC02441_edited_small.jpg

Last edited:
boo

yeah thats mine, and im a he ;)

since i love my car and posting pics;

smoothwheels.gif

DSC04624.gif

DSC04416.gif

DSC04408.gif

DSC04092.gif

IMG_0380.gif

IMG_0417.gif

IMG_0455.gif

Image00057-vi.gif

Image00059-vi.gif

as she looks now with the megane splitter;

IMG_1245.gif

IMG_1242.gif

and a pic to show the rs bumper on standard wings;

IMG_0509.gif

any questions, PM me lad

jamie

oh and btw, the ones above were photoshopped a bit and were taken with a very average digi cam, hence the colour looks different.

gotta love nauty blues :)

***awaits pic w***e comments***

jamie

BMW M135i
Yes you'll need to get them sprayed and the rs doesn't come in that colour. To do a proper job you need:
  • RS Front Bumper
  • RS Front Rings
  • RS Sideskirts
  • 182 Rear Bumper if you want the dual exit
  • Cup Spoiler off a 172 Cup or a cup packed 182.
You can bodge the RS front bumper onto standard wings but it doesn't look that good imo. Also you'll have to have replica sideskirts them which also don't look as good as the real deal imo.

Xenon front clusters are also an addition i'd make.

another good man to talk to about this, who has the same colour again and who has done the entire list above is Barron.

he had his entire car resprayed once the parts had been fitted.

but TBH if you are going to do this you need a massive amount of cash. all my parts have been cheap off ebay, lights, grill, wheels, bumpers, skirts, everything. this means that i didnt have to pay that much for spraying, and also meant that everything was fitted myself (bar the skirts).

you will end up paying around half what the car is worth again if you do the job above.

jamie

BMW M135i
If it were me (and it was at one point) it'd get it colour-coded maybe sideskirts and be happy with that. Becuase it still looks pretty damn good imo and its not trying to be something its not.

Plus the money you'll save can be put towards getting an RS if you wanted to go down that route.

Not blue but you get the idea:

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG