ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph3 1.2 16v, slow car and a slow thread

Right as the title suggests this is gonna be a bit of a slow thread but hopefully in the end it will turn interesting.
It will be my second car, had a ph1 but long story short it's probably now sitting on a shelf in Tesco somewhere shaped like a tin of beans, after going to view it yesterday I went to look at a few others (none really compared to the condition and were all more expensive) and then decided to see how little i could get it for. Rung the lad that was selling it (for his mum who was the only previous owner) to see how low he would be willing to go and in the end arranged £750. So I'll be picking it up tomorrow and tbh I can't wait, despite the fact I can't drive it properly yet as I haven't actually passed my test.

Anyway everyone loves picture so here's a few from the advert... Hopefully...
Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-26-29_zpsbc29f049.jpg

Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-26-39_zpsed2de1b9.jpg

Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-26-45_zps3da3e3b6.jpg

Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-27-00_zpsb21573de.jpg

As you can see there's a few marks on the bonnet which I will be getting sorted, either by getting a new bonnet and spraying it or by getting it done properly.
Other plans include the usual nonsport mods such as
Sport rear bumper
New alloys (probably Axe EX8s)
Lower it
And generally tidy it up a bit, like previously mentioned though updates will be slow...

Yeaah will be getting the rs grill, probably one of the first things i do tbh as it's cheap and improves the look so much imo, and I plan on getting alloys, I've always liked the look of Axe EX8s so they'll probably be what I go for, just gotta get tax and insurance this month though so mods won't start until mid February which kinda sucks

So I picked the car up today and after getting insured, driving around for a bit and then stepping back to look at it, I noticed something... The front drivers side alloy is odd. I have no idea how I didn't notice but if I'm completely honest it hardly bothers me, it's a wheel, it's round and the tyre is good so meh. I'm not gonna bother buying a matching one it can stay that way until I buy a whole new set, which isn't gonna be for a while (probably mid march) as I've got a holiday to pay for and to pay back some money that I borrowed to pay for my insurance. Actually having the car sitting outside my house and having to walk past it everyday on my way to work is hopefully gonna be what makes me want to pass quicker and get on the road fully.

So yeah don't expect much to happen too soon but give it a couple of months and then big changes will be made

Hi all, not really any updates just after some thoughts/ advice on a potential one soon.
I've been toying with the idea of getting some alloys this month and was wondering what colour you guys suggest, because the slight hint of lilac almost in the colour I'm not sure what colour to go with, I don't fancy going with the standard silver and am wondering what you lot think would look good?

Had an idea of what wheels I want, Porsche twist. Only thing is I'm unsure of whether or not it would 1, be possible or 2, look good.

Suppose anyone could shed some light

Gloss black wheels maybe? Just a suggestion. Cant think of any other colour that would go with your paint.
I was thinking black but wasn't too sure how it would look and maybe wanted something a bit different but as you say I'm not sure what would look decent...

Porsche twists will fit with adapters. Honestly i would ask on here if anyone can do a photoshop for you. Then you can see what colours/wheels you like the best and what you think suits your car most. But yeah i think Porsche twists would look good

Focus st170
Porsche wheels on a clio is possible I had Porsche teledials on mine I loved them. Had h&r adapters. Problem with Porsche twists is I think they only come in 17". looks a bit silly on a clio also the tyres will have to be like rubber bands. Will have to be silly low to look good and will be horrendously uncomfortable.

Ahh damn, rather stupidly, I didn't think of the size. I wouldn't really be able to go too low either as I will frequently be taking passengers and the roads around here are bad enough as is.

I just want something that would look good with just a slight drop, probably about 60mm at the most, I'll probably end up playing it safe (and cheap) and getting a set of 1*2's and going down the really original rep route. But even if I was to do that then any new bumpers or bodywork is almost 100% going to need a respray as I've never seen another clio in the same colour as mine

If I'm completely honest though with the amount I've got to pay for so far this year the first mods are gonna be Christmas presents

Although saying that I have done one slight change, new brighter sidelights and dipped beams, as you may be able to see I'm not one for fast progress

Cam'd Ph2 172
Nice looking first car! I had one just like that as my first car. Like said above the Porsche Twists only come in 17's , if your thinking about getting Porsche wheels the teledials are 15's so would fit nice with a drop also the 928 wheels are 16's which is what I had fitted to mine. Use the search I'm sure a few people have put them on! :)

Focus st170
With the body work if It was my car I would do all the filling on the body work my self. Then get it wrapped or get it plasti dipped. Would be a lot cheaper then a re spray. Could get it any color you like even matte finish or gloss. If you don't want to go mega low go for some motor sport style wheels like pro race 1.2s would look good. I had teledials on my mine was around 100/90mm drop could still get people in the back but the tyres did scrub some times.
image.jpg

With the body work if It was my car I would do all the filling on the body work my self. Then get it wrapped or get it plasti dipped. Would be a lot cheaper then a re spray. Could get it any color you like even matte finish or gloss. If you don't want to go mega low go for some motor sport style wheels like pro race 1.2s would look good. I had teledials on my mine was around 100/90mm drop could still get people in the back but the tyres did scrub some times.View attachment 122373
Yeaah that was another option I was considering since, as you said, it's not too expensive compared to a respray. It's quite funny that you popped up in here as when I done a little search last night I found your car and it's tempted me into getting the 182 look exhaust, is that all you've changed to get yours sounding like it does? (if it was you who's little video I watched?)

Focus st170
Probably the best way of getting the paint looking good that way if you want to do a sports rep you can get any color bumpers and go over them. 182 exhaust was great had a 200 cell sports cat fitted as well. all done by pro speed in Cardiff. Was expensive tho at like £500. Didn't sound like 1.2 at all lol.

Focus st170
No wasn't to loud at all was just prefect. Popped and banged on over run and was silent on the motorway at 70mph. Don't sound as good as my current car tho 3.9 v8 haha

Ahh that's alright then, might have to make an investment then one day ;)
What's your car atm then, sounds like a bit of a beast!?