ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 Project

Looking good mate ive still not seen you about yet.

Same! What's going on?! lol

coming along joey :approve: some tyre stretch, slam the front = WIN lol

Yes!! The front will come down in good time. Need to get it through it's MOT first! And then it's blooming winter :(

I was having a think about tyres/fitment - would love it all to be flush etc whilst it's a 1.2,
5mm spacers on the rear, smaller tyres & Maybe the tiniest amount of camber. Then widetrack the front and cut all the arches out - so i can get it kind of flush...
It's just raising the funds - being a student does not pay!

F**k's sake.

IMAG0089.jpg

My own stupid fault.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nah - I am definitely in the wrong.
It was just a case of, "ahhh, it'll never happen to me."
Same when I got my parking ticket. Everybody parks on these double yellows so i parked with most of my car on them as there was nowhere else to park and I was only going to be 2 mins. Came back and found 2 coppers round the car. Resulted in £30 fine! My own fault really, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

£60 seems pretty high for a ticket though :dead:

Same when I got my parking ticket. Everybody parks on these double yellows so i parked with most of my car on them as there was nowhere else to park and I was only going to be 2 mins. Came back and found 2 coppers round the car. Resulted in £30 fine! My own fault really, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

£60 seems pretty high for a ticket though :dead:

Just a pain really - that sort of money could go on MOT or something worthwhile!
I thought it was a bit steep too tbf. But I can't argue; no parking permit - no parking, it seems...

MOT Week
Got my MOT on Wednesday, so I've been busy getting it ready.

Managed to round off a bolt while trying to get my DIY decat off, which really pissed me off! So, the garage will have to get that one off - CBA with f*nnying around with it in the cold.

I've raised it ALOT!

Before:

_G1S3404copy.jpg

After:

_G1S3405copy.jpg

Looks like a frigging tractor now! Haven't taken any photo's of it, as it just makes me sad...
Also removed the Xenons as I'm fairly certain they're technically a fail by not having washer jets & auto leveling sensor things.

_G1S3406copy.jpg

Only other thing I can think that will fail it is the cable tied front bumper?

5104790181_d8d1790582_z.png

I've cut the cables shorter and sprayed it black (with hammerite lol!)
Anyone know if that's a fail?

I'm sure they'll manage to find something wrong else with it though...

I've lost a lot of enthusiasm with it recently. Sacked off the idea of making a Rep, as that would just kill me.
Been seriously considering putting it back to standard and getting rid tbh. I'm bored and fancy a nice MX5...

We'll see!

Adz

Work van
I've lost a lot of enthusiasm with it recently. Sacked off the idea of making a Rep, as that would just kill me.
Been seriously considering putting it back to standard and getting rid tbh. I'm bored and fancy a nice MX5...
We'll see!

The same has happened to me dude ive got bored of my clio nothing much you can really do with it after lowering it and changing the wheels after all its only a 1.2 lol I really want to get a nice ek4 but insurance is mad even though im 20 lol

I considered doing the F4R engine swap, but... What's the point? It'll just be a slightly worse 172.. and I really want RWD!

And the amount of money I could get from selling the bits off it is ridiculous! I'm sure it's the same for you.
Easily enough for a nice MX5 + Coilovers + Wheels
And the annoying thing is, I can afford insurance/running costs... I know Honda's are pretty ridiculous in that respect - I've done plenty of quotes! lol.

I'm just not 100% certain, and I might suddenly realise after I've sold all the bits what a mistake I'm making...

Ibiza Cupra 180
Really like this car Joey, dont see why you are going threw all the trouble of re shaping the front bumper (just get a sport one ?) just my opinion, I got bored of my 1.2 very fast ( I think everyone does ? ) but never the less your car looks awesome! If you do put it back to standard I will have a few bits but I'd rather you kept it dude! keep up the good work !

If you split, you know what ill take :rasp:

My MOT is at the end of this month, need to get a few things sorted :(

Can it fail on a door handle not working? LOL

Really like this car Joey, dont see why you are going threw all the trouble of re shaping the front bumper (just get a sport one ?) just my opinion, I got bored of my 1.2 very fast ( I think everyone does ? ) but never the less your car looks awesome! If you do put it back to standard I will have a few bits but I'd rather you kept it dude! keep up the good work !

It'll be sometime after Christmas/new year if I do sell everything off - but keep your eyes peeled!

I just wanted to try something different with regards to the front bumper. I can't count how many reps there have been one here (very good ones, nonetheless!) and I just really like how wide the sport arches are...
Was going to give in and buy a Sport bumper, but i think normal arches + PH3 front bumper = best choice for me now.

We'll see... I just can't get the idea of a slammed, Turbo'd MX5 out of my head! Mmmmmm

If you split, you know what ill take :rasp:

My MOT is at the end of this month, need to get a few things sorted :(

Can it fail on a door handle not working? LOL

You best get in there quick then ;)

Possibly - if they can't get in the car!! lol
How does it not work? Had the door card off to check it out?

Adz

Work van
i was going to do the exactly the same thing then thought about it and saw sense, im going to keep my little clio until ive got 1 years ncb then im selling it hopfuly in february 2011, if i wanted to get insured on a 1996 ek4 completely standard without any ncb it would cost me £2600 that was the best i could get lol so hopfuly when i get my 1 years ncb next year it will be alot cheaper and i will be 21 as well :approve: just got to keep the clio in good condition and sort a few thing out before i come to sell it. Hold on to the clio dude save your money up and when you can get one get it, then spend all the money you saved on it sell all the parts off the clio make more money to buy more parts for it or insurance ;)

Oh my word!! £2600!?!
An MX5 is £800 for me fully comp, and I'd be 19. LOL Mental.

I agree with saving up for it & spending on parts though - not sure if I could deal with looking like a hairdresser for very long! :eek:

You best get in there quick then ;)

Possibly - if they can't get in the car!! lol
How does it not work? Had the door card off to check it out?

I snapped the clip when taking it off to colourcode lol. With superglue it lasts around a month then comes out :(

Don't know what to do with it really, it's not part of the handle its the long metal thing.

Adz

Work van
have you got any ncb? i did the silly thing when i passed i was a named driver and now im paying for that if i had it in my name when i was 17 i would have almost 3 years ncb lol :dapprove:

I snapped the clip when taking it off to colourcode lol. With superglue it lasts around a month then comes out :(

Don't know what to do with it really, it's not part of the handle its the long metal thing.

Yeahh, those stupid blue clip things. Bloody Renault crap!
Probably best off buying a cheap plastic colour door handle and swap the clips around. Then hope it doesn't break again! lol

have you got any ncb? i did the silly thing when i passed i was a named driver and now im paying for that if i had it in my name when i was 17 i would have almost 3 years ncb lol :dapprove:

If insurance wasn't so bloody expensive in the first place! Should be cheap until you have to make a claim - then make it ludicrously expensive.
But I guess it just doesn't work like that...

I was lucky to have some help from my parents with my first years insurance, so I've got a couple of years NCB down. I still moan at it being expensive though! lol

Thing is, if I stay with the Clio, it's going to be roughly the same as last year ~ £700...
So, for an extra hundred quid, it'd be rude not to go for the mazda!
Decisions decisions...

I know!
I was expecting £9,000 - not £900! lol

Got some serious thinking to do now...
I'm not entirely sure if I could actually afford to keep a Turbo'd one on the road tbh! We'll see :D

MOT this afternoon. Needed a new balljoint & ARB Drop link.
I thought it was going to be far worse tbf, so I'm pleased!

PH3 bumper arrived today, so I'll get round to 'normalising' it again at the weekend :D

And if anyone wants a DIY Decat for like 20 quid, send me a PM - I've got a normal one back on now...

Ugh.

Set about making it a little better looking today. Removed the halogens, front bumper & wings - replaced with my xenons, non-sport arches & PH3 bumper

_G1S3414copy.jpg

_G1S3415copy.jpg

_G1S3417copy.jpg

_G1S3421copy.jpg

_G1S3423copy.jpg

_G1S3431copy.jpg

Unfortunately, the bumper was in a little worse condition than I had first thought...

_G1S3428copy.jpg

_G1S3433copy.jpg

_G1S3435copy.jpg

Oh well, Respray after winter probably - just so it is sellable tbh.

Lowering again tomorrow...

Took some pictars of the ride height again.
Unfortunately it was reet dark & I've had to edit them all to save them, as they all came out pretty gash!

5178785399_01edd8792b.png

5179390894_1d57b1c8b1.png

5179391480_de5e85ccb7.png

5179392112_f6c6ec2c4a.png

Could really do with some 15 or 20mm spacers for the rear, but I just don't want to spend anymore money on it now... :boring:

Yeah! That's what running without arch liners does. I've been nowhere near a beach, and it's just caked in sandy crap!
No point really cleaning it now since it's winter - will only get worse :(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Finding a BBR will be hard any there are pretty w**k in std tune. Although you're only an ECU, Injectors, intercooler and an exhaust away from 220bhp.

That's my thinking - a nice base to start with.
I'm moving up from a 1.2, so anything is going to feel like a rocket ship in comparison!

And i found 1 on PistonHeads going for £3.5k with like 130,000 miles! :(

Know of any decent owners clubs etc?