ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2ph1 foglights

?
My car is a 2001 grande, didnt come with foglights in the bumpers, but i have bought some just for show, as my fog light covers are scratched.

If I wanted to wire these up, how could I check if my car already has the wires? or alternatively if it doesnt, how can i wire them up to work.

Thanks.

Ph-Sold!
Bit of a nightmare from my experience, would be probably easier to buy whole kit from Renault with all the gear.

Could just leave them in for show though?

I know on the Ph2 theres a set of wires next to the horn for this sort of thing.

As for stalk to fuse box, complete lottery supposedly!

FOR SALE!!!
you should sell them to me:rasp: no on serious not you will need to get a fuse box were you can fuse them a new stalk so it has front fog lights on as well as rear then wire these up and run them to front of car etc our you could wire them to ya high beam lights so only on when you use high beam?

?
I know on the Ph2 theres a set of wires next to the horn for this sort of thing.

As for stalk to fuse box, complete lottery supposedly!

What do you mean stalk to fuse box?

you should sell them to me:rasp: no on serious not you will need to get a fuse box were you can fuse them a new stalk so it has front fog lights on as well as rear then wire these up and run them to front of car etc our you could wire them to ya high beam lights so only on when you use high beam?

Yeh I could wire them up to main beam, but that may get annoying having them constantly on in the dark, isnt it also illegal? or is that only rear fogs?

SO to do what you suggested first, I would need a new stalk with front fogs on it?

FOR SALE!!!
yes our you could use a normal switch and put this into ya clio sum were you could also just wire them to switch so could be turned on and off and no wired in to high beam is not illegal i dont think as only time you would have them on is when nobody is around mate at work has spot light on his mini dun this way

FOR SALE!!!
no it is but these are wired up to your hight beam so you should no be driving that with that on as u will be bliding other drivers then when you put low beam on they will go off

Lots of Alfas
Its ok if you drive with your foglights on if its really foggy, tbh most people with foglights never really use them. The grande doesnt have the wiring in ready, your best bet is to run a relay off the sidelights and get one of those remote switch kits from Hella and stick it on your dash.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea leave them in for sure, no use to be honest, some cars nowadays don't even have fog lights, so whats the point lol

?
Yeh i agree. Definately wanted them to improve the look of the car, doesnt matter if they dont function...

FOR SALE!!!
^^^ they were myn haha glad you got up mate ya if you dont wire them up will look good jsut been there what i want to do really

Ph-Sold!
The Grande only has flat black strip of plastic across the back rather than a spoiler, the dynamique one is similar bit sticks out like the sport ones, can be had in black plastic too so it matches the bump strips etc

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
heres the dynamic/187/182 spoiler (all the same just dynamic is matt black)

03052007085.jpg