ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 1.2 TURBO

182 FF
Picked up a new loan car yesterday as im still waiting to get the 172 back from the body shop,They have giving me a 1.2 mk3 clio which i was fully shocked to find out has a turbo fitted to it:cool: Its still not a megga fast motor but its fantastic for a 1.2. anyone on here have one? as i have never heard this engine before.

Renaultsport 200
I had a modus 1.2 turbo as a courtesy car

I fell out the seat and hit my funny bone on something when I tried to go round a corner at what I consider normal speeds.

I also felt sea sick with its bouncy bouncy suspension.

Good fun for spanking though. When i got bored of it I found myself pinning the throttle all the time to make it move.

320d
Why bother turbocharging a 1.2?

Because it can provide the power of a 1.4, torque of a 1.6 with the economy of a 1.2. That is how renault market it, makes sense tbh, there will be a lot more small turbo charged engines coming on the market in the near future. The 1.4 TCE will be going in the new megane to replace the 2.0 N/A unit etc.

Its to reduce the tax on them etc, turbo's are the future , look at the 2nd Gen Mini Cooper S : 175bhp, 41mpg and Band C road tax which is the same as a 1.2 clio.

Makes sense to me tbh, renault should have used a 1.6 turbo lump in the 197 to cure its poor fuel consumption and high co2 and readuce its weight.

Although I do prefare a n/a engine, with all the benifits of the turbo it certainly wouldn't put me off.

Jap Shed
Because it can provide the power of a 1.4, torque of a 1.6 with the economy of a 1.2. That is how renault market it, makes sense tbh, there will be a lot more small turbo charged engines coming on the market in the near future. The 1.4 TCE will be going in the new megane to replace the 2.0 N/A unit etc.

Its to reduce the tax on them etc, turbo's are the future , look at the 2nd Gen Mini Cooper S : 175bhp, 41mpg and Band C road tax which is the same as a 1.2 clio.

Makes sense to me tbh, renault should have used a 1.6 turbo lump in the 197 to cure its poor fuel consumption and high co2 and readuce its weight.

Although I do prefare a n/a engine, with all the benifits of the turbo it certainly wouldn't put me off.

but its 5k to turbocharge it, buy a 182?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
lol its a standard renault production engine not a ktec conversion...

my mum has one its a decent shopping car! read some reviews on parkers or something if you want to find out more

i used to have one
great wee car found it really fun to drive and not the slowest 1.2. but i killed her so clio number 3 soon hopefully

BG 182 FF
My m8's mum bought that model without knowing an me m8 had a drive init and also had a nice suprise.:)

Clio
Love turbos, only driven me mums corsa 1.3 cdti but that was wick, found it very responsive, much better than my 1.2 clio.
it was returning upto 55-60mgp, apart from when i had it it was more like 45-50mpg.
very economical, and very nippy for a 1.3, had the power of an average 1.6 i would say, but ten time as fun.

My next car will be a turbo of some sort i think!

Love turbos, only driven me mums corsa 1.3 cdti but that was wick, found it very responsive, much better than my 1.2 clio.
it was returning upto 55-60mgp, apart from when i had it it was more like 45-50mpg.
very economical, and very nippy for a 1.3, had the power of an average 1.6 i would say, but ten time as fun.

My next car will be a turbo of some sort i think!

No it wasnt lol, lets not joke

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
my dads got a 1.3 ctdi corsa, they only have 69bhp standard iirc so less than a 1.2 not a 1.6, even mapped they only get 90-95bhp. but they do feel lighter than the clio despite being about 90kg heavier than a mk2 1.2 and pull well in gear, but handle really crap- very skitish and understeer galore.

any way ive heard the 1.2 tce are pretty good, but i dunno tbh they should get rid of the non turbo engine, you need the extra power to compensate for the 100+kg the new clio has over the old one.

and i know what you mean about the modus, they are horrid, fair enough the one i drove had steerign failure, so i was going very sedately and i was nearly falling out the seat. i'd be inteseted in driving a 1.4 and a 1.2 tce back to back and see how they compare. the tce has about 2bhp more and is 30kg lighter, which begs the question why even have the 1.4 any more?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
must be the new corsa they have a 69 bhp one and a 88 bhp one, i thought you ment the older corsa, which only had the one 1.3 engine. but i never realised how heavy the new corsa are, the kerb weight on one of them is anout 1250kg, like for like they are about 100kg heavier than a mk3 clio.

1.2 16V MKII
my mate has one of these cars, its a TCE engine, acceleration of a 1.4 and torque of a 1.6 apparently, so i read about it on the web.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
lol i cant see enterprise rent a car sending there cars off to k-tec for some boost haha.

Ha Ha!!

bring on a Twin Turbo 1.2. One smaller turbo with a bigger turbo so less turbo lag, Va Va Voom!!!!