ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio CUP

Some official pics of the New Clio Cup, 1060 kg, around 30000 euros (in France):

10_4.jpg

46.jpg

53.jpg

37_1.jpg

Brisol my lover..
just a question 4 the boff's, if the rear lower rear under bumper spoiler thingy eliminates the need 4 a top spolier why's the cup got one????

E90
most race cars have both, i imagine they both help, but renault left it off for athestics or summat, or cost

they left if off so lots of people will buy it as an extra, looks good but will only benifit the car at high speeds

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A
Weeman said:
most race cars have both, i imagine they both help, but renault left it off for athestics or summat, or cost

i reckon that the mechanics didn't know how to put it on lol

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside form the paintjob and roof vent, is that not just how the standard 197 looks but with a rear spoiler and about 2" taken off the ride height?

It's the race car!

Babbage's grandfather posted pics of that at the Stade de France last year.

Rick said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aside form the paintjob and roof vent, is that not just how the standard 197 looks but with a rear spoiler and about 2" taken off the ride height?

Exactly what I think, anyone could make the 197 look the same by adding a rear spoiler and white wheels...lol

Anyway, more pics:

1357-2.jpg

1357-1.jpg

1357-3.jpg

1357-4.jpg

MKIII 138
jonnyboy said:
looks good, bit lardy for a race car though isnt 1060kgs roughly what a normal 182 is?

lol yea, that thing has been stripped to the bone and it weights only 10kg`s less than a 182cup ! and 49kg`s heavier than the old 172cup there is no hope a standard road version could come close to that weight. still the handling is probably more stable.

the standard one comes in at 1240kg + and only 20mm shorter than a megane and thats got a huuuuge ass on aswell !!!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
still 1060 aint bad! though cant see road car being 1060kg (the cup when realised)

hopefully will be around the 1150 which would be better than nothing with the power advantage.

MKIII 138
RobHardyUK said:
still 1060 aint bad! though cant see road car being 1060kg (the cup when realised)

hopefully will be around the 1150 which would be better than nothing with the power advantage.

im guessing they arent allowed to not include ABS and such electronics now and the 182 cup was only 20kg`s lighter than the fullfat 182 in order to make more savings they would have to actually remove things like aircon (which they didnt for the 182cup just climate feature) they probably will remove side airbags with recaros though so saving some decent weight, will probably be more like 1190kg not bad at all for a 195bhp car