ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Unlocking

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Hey Cliosporters, its been a long long time, need a bit of help from you please.
Recently bought the Mrs a MK3 Clio, when unlocking the car using the fob only the drivers door unlocks, i have to jump in and press the unlock button on the dash to unlock the passenger side, any ideas on how to unlock both doors using the fob.

Cheers

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Once again, thanks for the assistance guys, worked a treat.
:slap: should've really thought of it myself.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I absolutely hate this on the Clio III, annoying as hell. The later Kangoo's do it to and I must have at least two calls a month from owners in similar positions as you.

Why they didn't make it an option you can turn on/off I'll never understand.

Black mk3 clio
This happened to me also when I got mine, felt like a right idiot when I rang the garage up thinking the car was broken haha. One bit of advise also when you lock it, if you then press the lock button twice it like double locks the car, don't know how to explain it but I think it stops the doors from being opened from the inside i.e. if someone breaks your window, they cannot open the door using the handle inside. Only found that out a year after having the car!

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
I have a Clio 3. Using Renault Clip i found an option in the UCH to turn that off. Have to press lock twice for dead lock but press open button once and everything opens :) much better.

Phase 2 172
I have a Clio 3. Using Renault Clip i found an option in the UCH to turn that off. Have to press lock twice for dead lock but press open button once and everything opens :) much better.

IIRC its called selective opening of doors

and you should be able to reprogramme it to off using clip

Megane dci 130
Not called dead locking. It's called 'selective opening of doors'. You can de configure it on clip.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sean, read what he said above re: Deadlocking... He was talking about when you press the lock button twice to stop people opening the doors from the inside if they break a window ;)

One bit of advise also when you lock it, if you then press the lock button twice it like double locks the car, don't know how to explain it but I think it stops the doors from being opened from the inside i.e. if someone breaks your window, they cannot open the door using the handle inside. Only found that out a year after having the car!

Megane dci 130
Sean, read what he said above re: Deadlocking... He was talking about when you press the lock button twice to stop people opening the doors from the inside if they break a window ;)

Teach me to not read the thread fully!