ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 iMusic...

MK3, 1.2. 16V
So finally decided it was about time to do a little write up on my new car. She's a 1.2 16V iMusic and was bought to replace my previous MK2.

I traded in my MK2 in about October time and she looked like this

image7_zpscb11877c.jpeg

Anyway... This is how my new one looked still in the lot

image8_zpsa097e69a.jpeg

It was love at first sight. Until I can afford insurance on a sport that is ;)

2 days after having her I done this :(
image9_zps41de89b3.jpeg
Was driving up to my girlfriends and she lives on a farm up a single track road, so when i met a car half way up I had to reverse into a passing point and as it was dark and apparently i'm sh*t at reversing I hit a fence post. So that really put a downer on my whole "new car experience" I have my eye out for a new bumper just waiting on one coming up local. Refuse to pay the £220 for a repair. So I will just have to bide my time...

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Next thing I done was get rid of the horrible silver badges.
image10_zps170a9818.jpeg
image11_zps3d136514.jpeg
image15_zps75ec6004.jpeg
image14_zps23eb9020.jpeg
image13_zpse70f2cb7.jpeg

I jut used the usual method of de-badging. Ran some fishing line under it to get the badge off then just rubbed with a cloth and some tar remover. Looks so much tidier without the badges I reckon.

Next up came fitting some silver visions and a quick clean of the plastics under the hood.
Before...
image17_zps242d4e9d.jpeg
After...
image16_zpsd7f88394.jpeg

Done the rear as well but dont have any pictures!
Gave the bay a quick clean with some fairy liqud and hot water; followed by a quick spray with trim restorer.
image18_zpsc9f78b17.jpeg
Came out rather good I think. Considering there isnt much to look at on a 1.2

image19_zps40f4de3d.jpegimage15_zps75ec6004.jpeg

Next up was where the real stuff began.
Out with the old....
image12_zps76f5d12a.jpeg
And in with the new...
image26_zpsfacdc07e.jpegimage23_zps323c0480.jpegimage21_zpsd8148f60.jpegimage20_zpsbb6ea8a7.jpegIMG_0736_zps072a53e7.jpg

Had my local bodyshop colour code my side strips, door handles, wing mirror caps, vent surrounds and dash strips :) Was well chuffed with the outcome, looks utterly mint! Also bought myself a Pioneer multimedia system. This thing is beast! Coupled with the uprated speakers in the i-Music edition it packs quite a punch. I plan on adding to this with a simple boot build that will hopefully be getting done probably around April time.

Anyway, next up came some lowzzzzz in the form of 45MM H&R springs to take away that god awful arch gap on these models.
08125516-AA46-4B10-A123-6937540009DC_zpsf159b7dc.jpg
Unfortunately I dont have a before and after on ride height as I didnt take many photos of it standard. (Ashamed of the arch gap) But here's a quick one of the car so far :)
IMAG0004_zps617dd516.jpg

So thats it really, so far anyway...

Future plans are:

New alloys. Still undecided as to what I want, i'm in a phase of LOVING the OZ Superleggeras as I find that compared to turinis etc they are relatively rare. That unfortunately contributes to them being rather expensive.

Xenons. Not a main priority but i'd defo like to have them. They seem to pop up on ebay quite regularly for about £200.

Boot build. I loved my sub in my last clio, unfortunately I use my boot a lot and need the space so i've sacrificed my sound. But not for long, I intend on fabricating a false floor and installing a sub and amp again. This will most likely be the next big thing to happen.

Colour scheme. Deciding a colour scheme is a main priority ATM. Deciding on a colour for the alloys, diamonds and left over interior trim (handles, gear stick insert and surround etc) I think i'll be going for something bright. I know ill be hated but I wont be sticking with the ever repetitive theme of black, anth, grey wheels. I recently spotted this on the CS facebook page
orange_zpse6a4cada.jpg
and just fell in love. But it got me thinking how good a bright green would look. Anyway I plan on buying a few tins of the Blaze Plasti-Dip in orange and green just as a tester to see how it will look before I decide if I want to go with a more permanent soloution.

Spacers. Will have to wait and see what size etc when I have settled on alloys.

197 wheel. Re trimmed in either blue or whatever second colour I decide to go for.

Rear tints. Currently un decided. If I do go for them they will be very lightly done.

Thats about all I can think of ATM. Thread will be updated regularly with updates, whether it just be with photos after a wash or the main mods. If youre still reading at this point I thank you! And appreciate and comments, compliments and of course criticism! Cheers...

Clio mk3
Looks good! Love how the vents in the car are the same colour as your car! Got any side shots of it with the new springs? And I've got xenon bulbs all round only cost around £20

Lovely car tho! I still need to get around to debasging the I music on the side

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Very nice car - Great colour choice :p remarkably similar to mine!

I must get the bump strips on the side of mine done - My old twingo came with them coded, looks cack with black down the side.

Planning on changing the I music alloys ?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Looks good! Love how the vents in the car are the same colour as your car! Got any side shots of it with the new springs? And I've got xenon bulbs all round only cost around £20

Lovely car tho! I still need to get around to debasging the I music on the side

Cheers mate! Yeah I love them, knew I wanted them that colour as soon as i seen the car lol. I dont mate but I plan on giving her a wash tomorrow if the rain stays off so ill take some then. looks so much better de-badged, you should defo do it..

Very nice car - Great colour choice :p remarkably similar to mine!

I must get the bump strips on the side of mine done - My old twingo came with them coded, looks cack with black down the side.

Planning on changing the I music alloys ?

Yeah it really does, tidys them up big time getting it colour coded! Yeah i'm looking for new sets just now. Probably keep the i-music ones as winter wheels as I cant imagine them being a big seller lol

Clio mk3
Cheers mate! Yeah I love them, knew I wanted them that colour as soon as i seen the car lol. I dont mate but I plan on giving her a wash tomorrow if the rain stays off so ill take some then. looks so much better de-badged, you should defo do it..

Yeah it really does, tidys them up big time getting it colour coded! Yeah i'm looking for new sets just now. Probably keep the i-music ones as winter wheels as I cant imagine them being a big seller lol

Thanks man,got 40mm springs to put on mine

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Nice one! What size alloys are on yours again ? There's still a tiny bit of gap with 15's but it sits so much better. I'm struggling to decide wether to get 16s or 17s tbh.

Clio MK3
Looks really nice!! Did you just swap the springs over, or change the dampers (not sure if that's right) too? Also could I see some more pictures of the 45mm drop? :) sorry to be annoying but I'm planning on doing the same to my mk3 later this year! :D

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Looks really nice!! Did you just swap the springs over, or change the dampers (not sure if that's right) too? Also could I see some more pictures of the 45mm drop? :) sorry to be annoying but I'm planning on doing the same to my mk3 later this year! :D

Just swapped the springs! I'll be taking some tomorrow at some point mate. Ill take some with a can or something next to it so you can see just how low it is. I'd defo recommend it, looks so much better lowered! And subtle too cause the 45mm isnt like too low..

Clio mk3
Just swapped the springs! I'll be taking some tomorrow at some point mate. Ill take some with a can or something next to it so you can see just how low it is. I'd defo recommend it, looks so much better lowered! And subtle too cause the 45mm isnt like too low..

Any troubles with speed bumps etc?

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Any troubles with speed bumps etc?

Slightly! When you go over large speed bumps it scrapes the clips holding your brake lines In place, they've knocked mines off a few times but they just clip back on so nothing major to worry about.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't get any scraping with mine over speed bumps, but I'm running 17's.

Car looks good Moff. Interior is nice an clean too. Like the colour coding with the main bodywork colour.

MK3, 1.2. 16V
What type of alloys you got mate ? Got any pictures as im stuck between getting 16s or 17s! Cheers mate, thats probably my fave bit about the car :)

Clio 3 1.4 16v
damn i like those orange wheels on blue car :)
you could make a good project from your car :)
Good luck :D

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Yeah I love the orange as well it's awesome! Thanks, I'll be keeping it updated regularly so keep an eye out :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Picking up some new alloys on sunday! Theyre different than the usual but I think that the MK3's can get away with breaking the mould a bit! No tyres on them though so wont be on the car till next month when I can afford those :(

Clio mk3
Picking up some new alloys on sunday! Theyre different than the usual but I think that the MK3's can get away with breaking the mould a bit! No tyres on them though so wont be on the car till next month when I can afford those :(

What ones you getting? Need some ideas as I'm stuck:(

MK3, 1.2. 16V
You'll find out on Sunday ;)

Nah they aren't orange lol! That's not to say they never will be though! Cheers Jesus!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Right so finally time for an update! Its been a while and to be honest don't have a great deal to get through. Been pretty skint the last few months, paying for creamfields and saving up for a possible holiday so stuffs been slow! Very slow! So just been spending time on maintainince and cleaning so won't bore you with details or pics etc. well maybe just one... Got some Hekos, I know they're love hate on here but I quite like them! Not just for styling they're actually pretty useful for driving with the window down without getting blown around, not that I get much good weather up in Scotland to have the windows down often...
re5e8aga.jpg

Anyway, now for the exciting part. New rims. After some months of trying to decide what I wanted I fell in love with a set of Calibre Vintage 17"
y8yga2u7.jpg

Spotted them on gumtree local and just had to have them, so went to view a few days after seeing them and bought them there and then. Pretty much mint condition, couple marks on the rims nothing toooo noticeable, centre caps are a bit worse for wear though! Anyone who is familiar with the caps knows they are metal with a plastic badge, the metal is fine but the plastic is sorta warped so will have to look into replacing them. Anyway, 4 alloys, all caps and keys present and 4 tyres with 7mm on all of them, tyres are budgets but for me that's not a problem!! Payed £400 for them and think that was a pretty decent price. Guy I bought them off was fuming his misses was making him sell them! Said he paid £850 for them 2 and a half months ago.. So now for the good pics
hequbu2u.jpg
<< Can sorta see the level of damage on the lip in that one, that's the worst of the 4.
tybe8uhy.jpg
<< And that's them on, proper in love with them! Had the car at work today and was getting compliments on them left right and centre :)
The fitment on them looks sweeeet
va9a8yje.jpg

<< That's how the front sits, just nicely popping out, however the back isn't out as far so probably be looking at rear spacers for the next purchase! Most likely go for 16mm. The need for more lows has taken over and I will be getting coils in at least the next month or two, want the arch gap to be completely gone!! Anyway that's about it for now, gonna be getting some cleaning products for the alloys tomorrow to get them all polished and shiney lol! So will update with pics. Wrote this update on tap talk and it's my first time using it so now sure how it's gonna be layed out or if the pics will work so sorry if it looks rubbish...

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Got any side shots of it with the new wheels?

Not yet mate! Just the second last one in my post. Hopefully get them all polished up an give the car a quick detail during the week and I'll get some shots up then. Was meant to be going to a meet tonight with a couple photographers but the girlfriend has decided it's "DVD night" *sigh*

Clio mk3
Not yet mate! Just the second last one in my post. Hopefully get them all polished up an give the car a quick detail during the week and I'll get some shots up then. Was meant to be going to a meet tonight with a couple photographers but the girlfriend has decided it's "DVD night" *sigh*

Haha fair enough man! Put your foot down and go to the meet;)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Haha fair enough man! Put your foot down and go to the meet;)

Already spent the dinner night money on rims, hence dvd night to replace it haha so tryna keep in the good books y'know. Means I'll get in less trouble when I buy coilovers next month ;) haha

Clio mk3
Already spent the dinner night money on rims, hence dvd night to replace it haha so tryna keep in the good books y'know. Means I'll get in less trouble when I buy coilovers next month ;) haha

Sounds like you've planned it all out;) hahaha!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Any side on pics yet? ;) Want to see more of the 45mm springs, look perfect for me :)

Sh*t mate sorry! Never got round to cleaning it so never took any lol! I'm off on Friday so will get some then after she's been clayed and waxed ;) The 45mm do sit nice like!

Clio MK3
Sh*t mate sorry! Never got round to cleaning it so never took any lol! I'm off on Friday so will get some then after she's been clayed and waxed ;) The 45mm do sit nice like!

No worries mate just interested to see how they sit as from the pictures so far it sits pretty nicely :) sounds good to me, looking forward to the pics! ;)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
I know I promised pics last week but been majorly busy at work!! Working almost 70 hours a week, meaning no time for the car :( I do have one side on pic that I snapped quickly on the way to work one day
uhege3a6.jpg

Will get better ones this week as I'm off on Thursday so gonna get the wheels polished and hopefully by then I'll have my spacers and fresh plates delivered so I can have a wee photoshoot :) Also due some flocked dash parts so will keep updated on those also!

Clio MK3
Looks great! Nice subtle drop on the 45's. New wheels are looking fresh aswell. Looking forward to the upcoming updates and photos from the shoot, I like this car :)

MK3, 1.2. 16V
Looks great! Nice subtle drop on the 45's. New wheels are looking fresh aswell. Looking forward to the upcoming updates and photos from the shoot, I like this car :)

Thanks mate!! Nice to get some good feedback! Unfortunately though I think I have caught the lowzz bug, I need coilovers :( Don't want there to be any arch gap at all lol

Clio MK3
Thanks mate!! Nice to get some good feedback! Unfortunately though I think I have caught the lowzz bug, I need coilovers :( Don't want there to be any arch gap at all lol

You are welcome! Haha I can understand, coilovers are the best way to go but it's just the price tag that comes with them that puts me off!!

MK3, 1.2. 16V
You are welcome! Haha I can understand, coilovers are the best way to go but it's just the price tag that comes with them that puts me off!!

Yeah me too mate! £500 brand new from demon tweeks but I've seen a few pop up from time to time at about £300-350. Just they always seem to pop up when I've just bought somethin or at the end of the month

Clio MK3
So expensive new! You might be better off getting a low mileage set at a good price as you said, save yourself some money. I know what you mean, I'm trying to buy some Renault Canasta alloys and they never seem to come up for sale, but if they do it's either miles away collect only or a few days after I made another purchase after getting bored waiting for then to come up!! :(

MK3, 1.2. 16V
So expensive new! You might be better off getting a low mileage set at a good price as you said, save yourself some money. I know what you mean, I'm trying to buy some Renault Canasta alloys and they never seem to come up for sale, but if they do it's either miles away collect only or a few days after I made another purchase after getting bored waiting for then to come up!! :(

Ive actually got a set mate lol! Not for sale though! They're the bad weather wheels lol