ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Slammed, Thats it no more money is being spent.

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
clio 1.2 turbo
- private plate
- Front and back black diamond badges
- AP Coilovers
- Wind Deflectors
- tints
- alloys
- full stainless system
- all the lights tinted
- tce body kit
-25mm spacers on rear

image.jpg
[/IMG]

image-1.jpg
[/IMG]

image-2.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1311.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1310.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1309.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1307.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1308.jpg
[/IMG]

I know the car is absolutly ditched. we had just got back from a 1000+ mile journey all round. so i know it needs tyre shine and a good polish lol. comments would be cool to see what people think. thanks :)

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 TCE 08
naith, I've noticed that... only had them fitted 2 days ago. how do i fix that? or is it just to low? i noticed when taking the pics...

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
lol james, its what came on the car, apparently renaults tce kit :/ i have thought of taking it off but its different and my exhaust is set now lol.

PH1 iceburg
Not sure if the camber is adjustable on the strut or you will need camber bolts. Not had much to do with AP.

Lotus Elise
s**t me I bet handles funny! Get the tracking done ASAP! Did your coilovers come with camber adjustment?

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
its getting 4 wheel alignment today and coils adjusted and set, at (trax) yeah they have some adjustments like sorter or stiffer ride. :/

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Definately looks like a good couple of degrees of positive camber there!

Op, are they slotted where the two bolts go onto the hub carrier on the car?

BMW E36 328
Dont like the bumper and skirts or the tints, mega positive camber tho :headno:. Take those bits off the front bumper and wind it down abit more ;)

Lotus Elise
Do some proper research into suspension geometry it will help you understand your car better and help you understand that suspension one of the hardest part of a car to engineer. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yeah there straight fit. direct replacement.

so they arent slotted?
If so, you are going to struggle to get the camber correct. Even if you get camber bolts they are unlikely to take you from where you are to the -1 or -2 you will need to get it to corner well.

There is no point you getting your tracking done until you have a way to correct the camber as when you do so it will alter the tracking.

I would probably try and avoid driving that at the moment, its potentially quite unsafe TBH

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
sofaboy - you saying they are camber adjustable? just spoke to trax he said £20 for adjusting the coils and camber if its do able and £20 for 4 wheel alignment. that sound alright?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If they are slotted you adjust the camber by undoing both bottom bolts slightly with the car jacked up, then just pull the shock outwards and it will go to maximum negative camber.
Do that yourself before you go down is your best bet, rather than pay them to do that.

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
yeah £20 for adjusting cambers and get perfect ride height.

Andyk - was going to go for a remap and gain 30bhp but gone low and slow now lol. have K&N and full stainless system, not played with engine yet lol...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You want to loosen them off, and then push the shock away from you, so that the wheel tips inwards. Then do them up while its held in that position.

You should see the disk tip inwards at the top as you do it.

Lotus Elise
doesnt seem to be slotted to me, are you sure they are the correct ones for the car? That much positive camber is not normal!

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
doesnt seem to be slotted to me, are you sure they are the correct ones for the car? That much positive camber is not normal!

Yeah all correct for the car spoke to k ted and he said just adjust the camber because its gone so low the arms not long enough or something :/

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If they are slotted you adjust the camber by undoing both bottom bolts slightly with the car jacked up, then just pull the shock outwards and it will go to maximum negative camber.
Do that yourself before you go down is your best bet, rather than pay them to do that.

Major error!
I meant push the shock inwards not pull it outwards, was going to type about last time you must have unknowingly pulled it outwards as you fitted which gives positive, and then changed my mind and thought I'd keep it simple about what you need to do now, but obviously typed the wrong thing.

Apologies for the confusion.

Its push the shock in towards the engine with the bolts loosened then tighten them up is what you need to do.

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
Chip - so loosen bolts push the shock towards the engine and tighten it up in place..? correct

PSJ i don't have permission to view post a pic lol :( i have 17s just not turinis lol

imagecopy.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip - will i be able to sort this problem? from what u can see?

Cant see how far the holes are slotted as they are hidden behind the nuts, but if you cant correct it enough like that then you can always add some camber bolts.

One thing to be aware of is that if you track the car on really sticky tyres, its possible for the bolts to slip, so I dont really like slotted suspension as a rule of thumb, and its why the better makes dont do it this way.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip - so loosen bolts push the shock towards the engine and tighten it up in place..? correct

Yes mate, exactly that, then the disk should tip in at the top as you do it, and when you put your wheel back on it should be better than currently.