ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MKI 172, Fiat 20v Turbo or Teg Type-R

greeper, alright mate, good to hear from you. I did notice that you had got rid of the 172 but what the hell is the Panzer 150 Turbo ? Is it that car in the pic ? Looks a bit like a Zonda.

If I could get a good deal for a MKII 172 then I think I would go for it as I do like the comfort and speed of it but then I am also tempted by both the MKI 172 and Teg Type-R. Civic Type-R is out of my price range at the moment though unfortunately otherwise I would have considered one of them. I am in no rush to buy so I have that advantage of being able to be picky. I am trying to find an ITR around my area to test drive but they are all being snapped up before I get there !

I have been offered a 1998 ITR with 89k miles on the clock for £6,900 but the mileage has scared me off a bit, he is in Swansea too. This is shown below and it looks very nice indeed :

http://www.stevem00.eclipse.co.uk/teg/images/TEG_Side.jpg

http://www.stevem00.eclipse.co.uk/teg2/images/P1010011.jpg

http://www.stevem00.eclipse.co.uk/teg/images/Interior.jpg

http://www.stevem00.eclipse.co.uk/teg/images/super.jpg

The full spec is :

Honda Integra Type R, 1998 R reg.
-MOT until next September
-87k Mileage
-Full Service History (All main services at Honda)
-HPI Checked when bough from previous owner
-Tax’d until end of February
-Only modification is a Full HKS Exhaust system: including the following:
Super Dragger Back box
Aluminium centre section
HKS Manifold
The HKS was fitted in September and has only been on the car for a less then 3k Miles.
-Original Manifold/CAT/Centre section and back box
-2 previous owners
-Honda Cat 1 Alarm
-UK Spec Car
-Seats are in A1 condition, hardly any wear on them
-Have all the manuals and Red Forb key
-All the service receipts

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You looked in AutoTrader for ITRs yet?

Id be paying a bit more and getting a standard one with less miles on personally...

At least go and look at/drive this one though, then you know what theyre like and what you can expect!

Yeah, been looking every day, there was a cracking one about 16 miles from me with just 32,000 miles on the clock, FHSH in white for £8,500 but it was sold on Saturday !
:(

I have been offered a spin in this ITR but the guy knows the mileage is putting me off so I dont want to waste his time, not really fair, it would p*ss me off if someone did that to me. If he still offers me a spin then I will take him up on it to see what they are like, that is the only way I can decide. I agree tho, standard and lower miles is what I am after.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Id deffo go and drive one soon, then that way you will know for sure if you want one or not...

I am trying mate, I am trying, but in Swansea, they are sooooooooo RARE ! And the closest places are around 150-200 miles away on Autotrader.......
:(

Thanks for everyones comments on here too, I appreciate it !

Oh yeah..... Ivan, I went to play PGR2 online last night and by the time I had signed on you had signed off, running scared ? I am sure you will be happy with the Skoda mate, just get it debadge that is all !
;) :p

PS The X-over cable makes my Xbox lag like foooook too ! Going to have to get a router I think. I think it was all a cunning ploy by you to try and beat me in PGR2, not that you need much help tho, I am sh*te !
:oops:

If it was me I would go for the Integra , but it really depends on what you want from a car . If you intend doing any track days then you have to go for the ITR . Having driven all three it would be a complete no-brainer for me . The Integra is quick , handles beautifully and is just plain awesome around a track .

As for a lack of low down ooomph . It is only people that cant drive and use the gears properly that complain about it . If I was ever to replace the Williams then that is what I would go for .

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

The pictures a Zonda but my car isnt :( - just havent bothered finding/ uploading a picture of my car yet - it is a Golf 150PD - Almost as fast as the 172 but better build quality.

I still say the ITR is the way to go if possible though with the 182 coming out 172 prices may drop even further.

Good luck

That is a cracking looking 200sx to be fair, did look at them a while ago but never thought much of them as standard but the kit on that one with the sideskirts and splitters look stunning, the right colour too !

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

My mate has an S14 200SX running nearly 300bhp and its superb!

Thats deffo something to consider too, and the tuning potential with a turbo is great...

yeah after ive been in my brother evo, the next car had to be a turbo, cant beat the tunablity of a turbo and the sound of the dump valve

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 07 January 2004

Does anybody know what kit is on that 200sx in the photo above ?
Just looks like an S14a with a set of nice wheels on...

Clio 172 cup 300bhp

you should also maybe look at a corrado VR6 194bhp 2.9 again one of the best handeling front drive cars rare with luxuryand reliable!!! IT is a VW consumption is no worse tha Fiat and parts are available easily! If not would definately go for the Intergra again reliable and will hold its value well. I must agree with most posts the FIAT looks the mutts but is very unreliable

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 07 January 2004

my mates 20VT had less probs than my NEW 172! in fact he had no probs at all.
Yeah, the Fiat Coupe is not as unreliable as you think...

Lets face it, Renault are sh!te in that area!

Of the cars youve mentioned and including the 200sx, i would say you should drive them all. They seem to be very different cars in terms of driving position. Personally when i had my silvia i found it hard to get the most from the car because the driving was very laid back, like an F1 car. Personally i like to sit upright, more like a touring car driver when i drive so something like a Williams / 172 would probably suit my driving position better. Not saying i wouldnt have a silvia again becuae they are fantastic cars, but if you do alot of B road driving , the Fiat (not driven so guessing) and 200sx are probably not a good choice, they are more duel carridgeway, or motorway beasts. Im not saying that they dont handle, im saying certain cars are hard work on certain types of road. Id make your coice less on performance, but more on whats going to suit your needs. If you travel on motorways most id go for a 200sx without hesitation. You can almost sleep while your driving in that.

RIP Dan

Integra Type r is the only one of the lot i have driven....you have to keep those revs up to keep the power going, otherwise it can feel a little sluggish, although that is the point of the Integra and civic type r, 2 cars in one...a plod around town/commuter and a quick little bugger if revved!

James....was that picture taken at Noirmont?....just bought a Williams 1 for 4 grand, good nick for the year 46k, in the paint shop at the mo getting scratches and dings sorted. It has a stainless full system and an induction kit, i want to keep the pipe but may return the filter to standard...what does everyone think? is it easy to get standard bits? I have no idea about these cars so im trying to learn everything i can so apologies if i am asking stupid questions!!

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 07 January 2004

remember its the Lancia Delta Intregale engine, not a Panda FIRE derivative!
The 20v is not from the Integrale . Its a 5 cylinder engine and the Grale only ever cam with a 4 cylinder lump .